Arup Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Arup job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Arup (officially Arup Group Limited) is a multinational professional services firm headquartered in London which provides engineering, design, planning, project management and consulting services for all aspects of the built environment. Founded by Sir Ove Arup in 1946, the firm has over 14,000 staff based in 92 offices across 35 countries, and is present in Africa, the Americas, Australasia, East Asia, Europeand the Middle East. Arup has participated in projects in over 160 countries. Arup is owned by trusts, the beneficiaries of which are Arup’s past and present employees, who receive a share of the firm’s operating profit each year.
Apply Online Arup Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Arup hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
We believe that by giving our people the freedom to be creative, we will produce work that continuously redefines quality across our firm. We know that when our values and ambitions align we do our best work. This is how we shape a better world – and everyone plays a part. Whatever their role or specialism, our people are passionate about what they do, they believe in our values and are happy to come to work every day. This is why people choose to work here, and stay.
Civil Engineering Industrial Placement
At Arup, we design and deliver groundbreaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Due to our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, we are involved in major highway, rail and bridges projects in the UK and worldwide. With long-standing experience in planning, design and management, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services.
We pride ourselves on multi-disciplinary working, an approach which integrates the many technical abilities of our global organisation. Therefore our placement students can find themselves working in partnership with our experts across a wide range of infrastructure specialisms.
About the role
Right now we’re looking for undergraduate civil engineers to join our team of bright professionals at our Nottingham office. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their work and encouraged to develop their skills.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to broaden your skills.
Typical responsibilities could include:
- Data analysis and preparation
- Concept to detailed design including design calculations
- Technical drawings including CAD and 3D modelling
- Technical report writing
- Project and design administration
- Supporting internal clients such as other sectors within Arup
Assistant Consultant (Operations Consulting)
To be eligible for these positions, you will need to currently be in your penultimate year of study looking to enter graduate employment in September 2021.
Because we do such all-encompassing work, our team is made up of people from almost every degree background that Arup recruits – from psychology to geography, engineering to English, business to mathematics.
Our work broadly falls into the following areas and we’re looking for people who could fit into these areas:
- Occupational Psychology and People Change – Covering all aspects of transformational business change such as leadership development, training, organisational design, organisational development and behaviour change.
- Human Factors – Using behavioural science and physical ergonomics for work including human factors integration, work environment assessments and application of key human factors principles to design projects.
- Operations – Covers aspects such as business process improvement, application of lean and six sigma principles, business planning, benefits management and operational readiness and testing.
- Asset Management – Shaping our clients’ improvement plans leading to more efficient asset management, covering work such as analysis of asset management strategy and practices, investment prioritisation, process mapping and asset data management.
- Design for Operations – Evaluating and developing operational optimisation solutions at both a city and a development level, transport and logistics advice, supply chain studies and operational construction logistics.
You will have a strong academic background. Working towards a first degree and/or an MSc (or equivalent) in computer science, software development or a programming related course is required. You should have proven academic experience of utilising and deploying data solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of your clients
- Experience of web application development is desirable
- Knowledge of Python is desirable
- Relational and/or non-relational database experience is desirable
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Have enthusiasm for a career in software development
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- Have the aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
Arup Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Arup from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Arup jobs;