ASDA Business Analyst – Data Job Description
Asda are recruiting for a Business Analyst with a good Data background. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team who can offer you a great working environment and flexible working. Not only will you be given the opportunity to progress in one of the world’s largest company, but you will also receive an in-depth training plan to take you to the next level.
The Business Analyst (BA) is a member of the Data, Insight & Analytics (DIA) team, primarily responsible for detailed requirements gathering and requirements documentation.
Reporting in to the Business Engagement Manager, the BA will be responsible for taking the high level business case, understanding the detailed requirements and producing the business requirements document used by the Data Analysts. The BA will play a key role in delivering the capability needed to provide the business with access to new data sources and richer data insights, faster and in a secure and governed environment.
The Ins and Outs:
- Work with the business stakeholders to identify and define the business problem/vision.
- Gathering data requirements from business stakeholders across all departments.
- Prioritise and manage requirements to ensure you are delivering the benefit early.
- Understanding the need and ensuring the requirement aligns.
- Defining non-functional requirements (GDPR, security, support)
- Support the innovation of new internal / external data sources alongside existing data, identifying opportunities for these to be implemented and analysed across the business.
- Follow the data strategy principles to help deliver a long term sustainable solution
- Be part of the ASDA Technology BA community
What you’ll need:
- Strong experience of producing Business Requirements Documentation
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders of all levels at the same time on large and complex projects
- Experience of running workshops to get the required information
- Experience of working in and strong understanding of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence with a good understanding of Dimension Modelling & Data Mapping
- Experience of producing data mappings from source to target
- Knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI or similar visualisation tools
What we’d like:
- Strong knowledge of all of the Analytics strategic toolset: Microsoft SSRS, SSAS Tabular Model, PowerBI, Alteryx and Tableau
- Previous work experience with Agile SCRUM or Kanban as a team member, Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Previous work experience with Waterfall methodology
- Retail sector experience
- Knowledge of retail systems or supply chain systems
- Experience of working with third parties, particularly offshore development teams
- Excellent salary, bonus and pension
- FUN environment
- Flexible working
- A strong commitment to personal development and training
- Free parking in the centre of Leeds
- Great culture
- Staff discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
Job Applicaiton Link: https://www.asda.jobs/job-detail/?jobRef=1012503BR