ASDA Software Engineer Job Description
We can offer you a great working environment and flexible working and we may also consider relocation packages for candidates living outside of Yorkshire.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with source code management systems with a desire to learn and engage in the development of a CI/CD environment.
- A background in working within an Agile software delivery environment
- Experience in relational / non-relational databases.
- Desired experience in Object orientated programming languages e.g. C# or Java.
- Help transform Asda from being a traditional multi-channel retailer, to being a true digital retailer by delivering digitally native applications that transform Customer and Colleague behaviours.
- Deliver high quality technical designs for new applications with an emphasis on Asda’s ‘Mobile First’ strategy.
- Help manage the quality of output from the in-house application development team by proactively participating in code reviews and providing constructive feedback to the team members.
- Provide support to your Manager, in coaching and mentoring other member of their team, to help maintain a strong and progressive talent pipeline.
- Help to develop and manage adherence to ASDA’s development principals and coding guidelines.
- Get involved in all stages of product development to provide input around the application development elements.
- Provide estimations for the levels effort, cost and duration of development activities.
- Assist in on-boarding development resources from strategic partners e.g. documentation of development practices.
- Work closely and collaboratively with QA, with specific emphasis on improving our automation test capabilities.
- Ensure that defects found during QA testing are resolved quickly and efficiently and support other team members in resolving challenging/difficult development issues.
- You will pro-actively monitor project risk and escalate to the Application Development Team Manager and Project Manager when appropriate.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and help to drive the development strategy for Asda.
- Excellent salary, bonus and pension
- FUN environment
- A strong commitment to personal development and training
- Free parking in the centre of Leeds
- Great culture
- Staff discount
- Life Insurance, cycle to work scheme
- Relocation packages available
Job Application Link: https://www.asda.jobs/job-detail/?jobRef=961903BR