Balfour Beatty Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Balfour Beatty job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Balfour Beatty plc is a multinational infrastructure group based in the United Kingdom with capabilities in construction services, support services and infrastructure investments.
Apply Online Balfour Beatty Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Balfour Beatty hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
HSES Advisor London
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a HSES Adviser to join our Enabling Functions team to work in London
What you’ll be doing
As a HSES Adviser you will:
- Undertake programmed visits to operational sites as per schedule to provide support and advice to the operatives and local management
- Undertake regular reviews of the performance of personnel and contractors with regard to meeting the HS&E operating standards through site visits, inspections and/or audits
- Undertake site visits to review unplanned events and support line management in their completion of investigations into the causes of these events and the identification of root causes and preventative measures.
- Support and advise on planning for implementation of Zero harm / Sustainability 2020 objectives and ensuring processes are effective in delivering environmental limits
- Support local management in their liaison with clients and contractors by attending meetings and other events such as working groups
Temporary Works Coordinator
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary Works Coordinator to join our Power Transmission & Distribution business.
Based in the UK, this role will report into the Contracts Manager and work on one of our projects.
What you’ll be doing
As a Temporary Works Coordinator, you will:
- Support the conception, design, development, planning, delivery and evaluation of the effectiveness of the Temporary Works solutions
- Assess & identify temporary works requirements on each project
- Access, protection and lifting scaffolding
- Excavate support for tower foundations or cable trenches
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our Regional team to work in Elgin.
- To provide assistance to the Commercial/quantity surveying team in relation to commercial & contractual control and support the co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specific project or range of projects.
What you’ll be doing
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will:
- Carry out tasks as instructed by various members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team, such as measurement for valuations;
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with standard company HSE procedures and work instructions;
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the contract cost reporting system as directed by the line manager;
- Prepare cash flows for payments in and out;
- Assist in the preparation of accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value;
- Assist with sub-contract tender process and support the preparation of sub-contract documentation;
- Prepare payment certificates for sub-contract work;
- Assist with the preparation of interim applications for payment;
- Assist with the valuation of variations;
- Assist with the preparation of valuations and claims, ensuring that they are supported by relevant records;
- Assist in the preparation of accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Companys reporting process;
- Identify potential risk and opportunities and escalate these as appropriate;
- Carry out allocated tasks so as to comply with BMS and Group Minimum Commercial Expectations;
- Where appropriate and where used on the specified project, assist with the utilisation of BIM to support progress monitoring, provide commercial reporting and incorporate information to support change management, variations orders and encourage;
- Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
- Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Who we’re looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Previous relevant experience in quantity surveying;
- Membership of a relevant professional body and/or working towards a relevant professional qualification is desirable, such as RICS/CIOB/RIBA/ICE/CIBSE;
- A valid CSCS card.
Individuals will require:
- Awareness of the tendering process;
- Awareness of the various forms of contract used in the construction industry;
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial management of Construction projects and the construction process in general;
- Knowledge and understanding of sub-contracting principles;
- Awareness of the requirements to provide and obtain Insurance, Bonds and Warranties;
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative;
- Enthusiasm and results focus, together with an ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Effective negotiation skills with both internal and external customers.
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a BIM Co-ordinator to join our Highways Team on the A14 project to work in Boxworth, Cambridge.
- Working within the BIM department and reporting to the BIM Manager;
- Liaising with the project teams you are responsible for providing design coordination and information capture through Level 2 BIM processes in accordance with Highways England IAN standards;
- Provide accurate information, drawings, models and animations to assist the construction teams in there every day work and Highways England with their future maintenance of the A14.
What you’ll be doing
As, BIM Co-ordinator, you will be responsible for the following:-
- Ensure requests and deadlines are achieved;
- Production of high quality BIM information in accordance with PAS 1192 and IAN 184;
- Ensure information and models are produced in an efficient and structured manor for all levels of the project;
- Work alongside the engineering team to provide coordination assistance;
- Work with the planning team to produce 4D animations / sequences from federated models;
- Produce CAD drawings when requested to assist construction;
- Assist where required in the coordination of existing and proposed utilities;
- Work with the GIS team to ensure records are relevant and accessible;
- Assist the designers in updating models and drawings to record standards;
- Keep up to date with Highways Englands evolving CAD and BIM standards;
- Understand and interpret information capture in line with the A14 MPDT.
- Communicate regularly with the whole BIM team around your section of work and lessons learnt;
- Share our achievements with project teams outside of the A14 / parent companies;
- Relay information gathered from project teams with the BIM team;
- Ensure you stay informed with the activities being undertaken on site;
- Where possible use the noticeboard and SharePoint feature to inform the A14 team of the current BIM activities and opportunities;
- Promote the use of BIM in all aspects of the A14 scope of works.
Who we’re looking for
Required skills and experience:-
- Able to proficiently use AutoCAD and Navisworks;
- An understanding of all principle Autodesk products;
- Able to produce Word and Excel documents;
- Participate in software training provided by the project.
Health Safety & Environmental
- Understanding of the importance of working at all times in a manner to ensure the safety of yourself and others affected by your actions.
Balfour Beatty Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Balfour Beatty from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Balfour Beatty jobs;