Barnardo’s Risk and Compliance Manager Job Description
Risk and Compliance Management
Risk Management is central to Barnardo’s success, working in partnership with senior management and colleagues across the Charity to mitigate all the risks to which we are exposed, helping to maximise the funds we spend on our charitable activities. This includes ensuring we comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities; demonstrate effective management and accountability; and provide clear guidelines for staff and volunteers.
The Risk and Compliance Manager, reporting to the Corporate Director – Finance & Resources, is critical to continuously and proactively develop, enhance and oversee Barnardo’s Risk Management Strategy and Framework. Ensuring that these are appropriately communicated and embedded across the Charity. This includes leading on the development, review and management of Barnardo’s Policy Framework and associated processes and procedures to ensure they are compliant with legal and regulatory requirements; regularly reviewed and communicated in a way which is clear, concise and jargon free; reporting directly to the Corporate Leadership Team; and takes responsibility for key risk projects as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge of risk and policy framework concept, evidenced by working in a risk environment;
- Interest in and knowledge of, managing risk and policies relating to working with children and young people (desirable).
- Developed, implemented and overseen risk management tools and processes
- Drafted, communicated and evaluated internal policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to a high and consistent standard to a diverse range of people; including writing technical reports and produce relevant management information for Senior Management
- Worked in a large and complex organization
- Managed complex projects
- This role offers flexibility to work from home, or our offices in Barkingside or Euston. However there will be a minimum expectation of attendance at Barnardo’s offices as required.
At Barnardo’s we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo’s is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic and male candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo’s.