BDO Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete BDO job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
BDO LLP is one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms providing services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. With more than 3,500 talented people, generating close to £400m in UK revenues, we bring real leadership across the mid-market. We are a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest global accountancy network, which has more than 1,260 offices worldwide, spread across 147 countries. We are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Our ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
Apply Online BDO Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about BDO hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
As we have become a 5,000 strong firm, we have the opportunity to review processes and think more ambitiously about our future. Over the next 6 months you will support the Assistant HR Director and Senior Resourcing Managers in developing a resourcing model that is more integrated, proactive and aligned to the firm’s ambitions for all resourcing requirements (EH, Perm and NPL, EIC)– supporting us in truly becoming an employer of choice.
There are a number of projects and key priorities you will either lead or support in transitioning our current RPO model to an in-house model, embedding the new team and shaping the future model.
Focus of the role:
As the changes take place, you will own the exit plan of our current RPO, keeping everyone up to speed with what’s happening, holding people to account using your meticulous project management and communication skills, so they understand what we’re doing and why.
As part of our vision in shaping the resourcing function for tomorrow, you will lead on the centralisation of managing our non-permanent labour requirements.
You will design and deliver the best solution in providing:
• visibility and control of the non-permanent labour within BDO
• cost control
• mitigating risk
• enhancing the Firm’s reputation
In achieving operational excellence, strengthening our brand proposition through enhanced candidate experience and driving the direct sourcing strategy.
In conjunction with shaping our resourcing model, we are implementing a new ERP system, whereby you will support the Senior Resourcing Manager in fully understanding the processes currently performed by the RPO and ensuring it is all documented, identifying any gaps, whilst implementing ‘Work Day’ to meet our recruitment requirements.
• ensure that ongoing communication and engagement takes place with key stakeholders across the business
• to support and manage relationships with key resourcing suppliers
• to ensure that induction and on-boarding processes are well planned and executed for all new resourcing joiners and that productivity, cultural fit and return on investment can be optimised at the earliest possibility
• Supporting the Senior Resourcing Managers you’ll put in place new ways of working as part of shaping the new model and Workday to improve the experience, and advise on the best way to make things better when they could run more smoothly.
• You’ll communicate regularly and negotiate where applicable with our key suppliers through the transition from the RPO to BDO and hold them to account ensuring they’re providing value for money, a great candidate experience – and they’re meeting their service levels.
Advising and influencing
• As one of the senior people in the team, you’ll be a role model for HR.
• Your strong influencing skills, paired with your understanding of our business, will help us make the right decisions.
The chance to get involved
• We have a number of strategic resourcing projects, where you will either lead or support the design, development and delivery of those projects.
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications:
• Must have held a senior resourcing role with responsibility for both Early in Career and Experienced Hire recruitment and NPL;
• Experience of leading teams both within RPO and In-house
• Demonstrable expertise in developing resourcing strategies including manpower planning, implementing attraction campaigns, developing best practice selection methodologies, and recruiting for diverse workforces and the technology infrastructure to support that;
• Demonstrated project management experience with ability to work with a multi-functional team.
• Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work well with others and effective at building strong and sustaining relationships with business stakeholders at all levels
• Resourceful, decisive and proactive. Innovative and change adaptive. Leads by example in supporting change. Results orientated, with excellent organisational skills
• Strong influence and impact and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) – must be able to communicate, partner and present information to members of senior management
• Good attention to detail and strong follow up skills
As an Assistant Manager, you will be required to use your previous experience and work closely with, and support, senior and assist junior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services. You will gain understanding and experience in the field of corporate finance for both buy-side and sell-side work, involving public and private companies, owner-managed businesses and private equity houses. You will also develop knowledge of different sectors.
• Support advisory projects on both buy-side and sell-side.
• Support the corporate finance team in the performance of ‘hands on’ field work.
• Prepare reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
• Prepare financial models using Excel
• Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
• Provide Corporate Finance Managers with input as to the scope of an engagement, appropriate budget and timeframe.
• Produce draft pitch, proposal and tender documents.
• Provide a point of contact throughout the engagement with respect to routine project issues and questions.
• Identify and present potential solutions to project issues to Project Managers.
• Ensure client feedback is captured, addressed and effectively communicated to the Project Managers.
• Accompany more senior team members to meetings with clients as required, and assist with the preparation for and follow-up from such meetings.
• Assist with general correspondence, administration (including billing) and ad hoc projects within the department.
• Collate and analyse relevant documentation and information supplied and draft outputs under the direction of the project manager/director
• Produce high quality schedules and appendices for inclusion in reports/project documents.
• Support practice development activity and internal and external sales and marketing activities.
• Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
• Seek and take action in feedback.
• ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or relevant work experience.
• Experience of working within corporate finance or related disciplines.
• Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
TM Audit Senior
The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Sector experience.
- Experience with listed clients.
- Experience auditing international groups.
The purpose of this role is to:
provide strategic direction for a large and senior/diverse team responsible for undertaking business restructuring work and/or
personally undertake large/complex/high profile assignments either in a lead or sole role. The role holder will play a significant role in supporting the Partners with the management of their client portfolio. This includes both client and people management, and there will be a requirement to continue developing technical skills and knowledge through on the job experience and training.
Members of the National Courtwork team will specialise predominantly in bankruptcy and compulsory liquidation assignments or other Court driven processes that may from time to time arise.
Effectively manage projects, balancing quality control, budget, the timetable and client expectations. This often will involve hands on involvement with all aspects of the assignment, particularly complex and high profile ones, including financial analysis, interface with the clients and report writing.
Liaise with Assistant Manager and / or Manager in planning and delegation of work
Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with effectively
Ensure that all reports and material produced are of an acceptable standard and comply with regulations, SIPs and internal procedures & requirements.
Produce realistic budgets for agreement with partner and client
Manage billing, work in progress and cash collection to minimise lock-up
Ensure client relationships are properly documented
Deputise for another Director or Partner when necessary.
Other duties and responsibilities as delegated
Sales & Marketing
Develop, maintain and utilise a network of senior contacts to maximise opportunities for the firm
Actively originate and exploit marketing opportunities
Lead and support the group in its sales and marketing activity at both strategic and operational levels.
Monitor junior staff and ensure that adequate on the job training and coaching is provided
Identify and involve appropriately skilled staff in pursuing new business opportunities
Provide a variety and challenging amount of work for less experienced staff to aid in retention and career development
Responsible for monitoring staff performance
Responsible for building and maintaining team morale
Ensure that appraisals are undertaken twice a year for all staff within team which are open, honest, constructive with agreed outcomes
Play an active role in the creation and implementation of development plans for all team members
Communication and representation
Act as a liaison between the client and other specialist service groups within BDO Stoy Hayward.
Work as part of the management team across the group, and provide support to the rest of the BR team.
Represent the BR group on matters requiring representation.
The following responsibilities are specific to the Receivables team:
Supervise/ train junior members of the Receivables team
Act as the conduit to the respective Partner
Ensure that the following is being undertaken / carried out:
Assess the respective situation and be aware of the pitfalls
Formulate the collection strategy (which compliments the overall administration strategy)
Report to the respective bank/discounter in their language (via the Receivables senior management team)
Manage the collection process and adapt where appropriate
Provide regular updates/reports (via the respective Partner)
Report to the respective Partner
Relevant professional qualification preferable (ACA/ACCA/CPI and ideally JIEB)
Relevant technical and management experience at a similar level/ in a similar role.
Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
Demonstrate a clear understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes
Extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant computer packages specific to the business stream preferred
BDO Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for BDO from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for BDO jobs;