Bloomberg Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Bloomberg job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Bloomberg L.P. is a privately held financial, software, data, and media company headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was founded by Michael Bloomberg in 1981, with the help of Thomas Secunda, Duncan MacMillan, Charles Zegar, and a 30% ownership investment by Merrill Lynch. Bloomberg L.P. provides financial software tools such as an analytics and equity trading platform, data services, and news to financial companies and organizations through the Bloomberg Terminal, its core revenue-generating product. Bloomberg L.P. also includes a wire service (Bloomberg News), a global television network (Bloomberg Television), digital websites, radio stations (Bloomberg Radio), subscription-only newsletters, and two magazines: Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets.
Apply Online Bloomberg Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Bloomberg hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Workflow Specialist – Fixed Income & Risk
The Workflow Specialist team within Enterprise Sales serves as the market & workflow experts at Bloomberg. The team is highly skilled on asset class knowledge, deep understanding of trading workflows and Bloomberg’s product offerings. This is a client facing role, collaborating closely with various departments across Sales, Product, Data, Electronic Trading, Risk and Order Management sales teams to build and execute on strategies to drive sales revenue. Engagement with key financial players and regulatory bodies are vital in this role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build and execute on strategies with Sales to generate and drive revenue across our Enterprise products.
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market decision-makers.
- Provide actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations, and market practices to help shape future product development and sales strategies.
- Market the product by speaking at external events and industry conferences; organize and deliver seminars, webinars and audio-visual presentations; write content for Bloomberg on-line and printed publications.
- Further the knowledge of our sales-force by designing and delivering customized training.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable expertise and extensive experience in fixed incomes (10+ years) across different financial instruments AND / OR exposure to Market risk
- Ability to drive a pro-active strategy and have good communication skills.
- Strong training skills and ability to adjust/switch between articulating complex financial concepts to user base with very wide range of level of understanding of Financial Markets.
- The ability to convey complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- A collaborative mindset and ability to operate within both departmental and company-wide initiatives, in a non-hierarchical structure without corporate titles or structure
We’d love to see:
- Practical experience using Bloomberg’s pricing tools, Risk (MARS) and order management products (TOMS or AIM), or similar systems.
- An entrepreneurial & commercial mind set with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- The business insight required to use your knowledge & experience to make good judgement and quick decisions so as to tangibly impact the commercial success of our business
- Willingness to travel
Analytics Advanced Specialist – Quant & Derivatives
A typical day in the team can include the following:
- Scripting customized derivative payoffs using Bloomberg Language (BLAN) in our cross asset Derivatives Library (DLIB) for both sell-side and buy-side clients. Working with Product, Sales, Financial Engineering and R&D, your delivery will be critical to the success of large enterprise deals
- Interacting with Bloomberg’s most quantitative client base, where you will be using your coding skills to solve problems using Bloomberg Query Language (BQL), Bloomberg Quant (BQNT) and WAPI (BLPAPI). We use the latest technology available and always look for innovative ways of analysing and visualising data
- Creating and teaching in-depth courses. We focus not only on asset class specific courses (FX, Fixed Income), but also run courses for Cross Asset Derivatives (Equity, FX and Fixed Income) and Coding (BQNT, WAPI) in order to provide a deeper understanding of market theory and Bloomberg Functionality. This knowledge allows all representatives in the department to have a stronger and deeper understanding of the financial markets and what our most sophisticated clients do. Our courses are attended by Analytics, Sales, Product and Global Data representatives
- Answering live questions from clients on the most technical topics, both through our IB messaging system and well as virtual and face to face client meetings. Examples include explaining how our volatility cube is stripped; calibration of our SLV model for FX exotics; pricing a TARF or writing a Python query which retrieves index and member weights, and parsing them into a pandas DataFrame or providing sample scripting on client’s term sheets to promote adoption of DLIB
- Continuously looking to maintain an edge in knowledge and expertise by accessing online courses or going through other qualifications like CQF/CFA
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide top quality support to our Quant and Derivatives community clients via our IB chat or email
- Work closely with Sales and Product to ensure high-revenue deals in the Quant/Valuation/Risk space are closed by handling all technical aspects of the sales process
- Have a good understanding of Python Data Structures, structured products and have the ability to teach the knowledge effectively to your peers with less experience in the subject matter
- Have a good understanding of the regulatory landscape (PRIIPs, 871m, FRTB, SIMM etc.) and be able to use that knowledge to identify potential business opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with Bloomberg’s Quant community by visiting and training them on relevant functionality such as CS.Net, BQL, BQNT, DLIB or MARS API.
- Become a subject matter expert in derivatives and our programmatic solutions, and be the focal contact point for both internal stakeholders and clients. Liaise with Product, Software Engineering and our clients to help prioritise and push for enhancements and fixes.
- Attend product release calls to quickly learn and teach the new products to your peers
- Have a relentless drive and desire to learn and solve problems as you will often face ones no one experienced before
- Create and maintain documentation and training content (Jupyter/BQNT Notebooks, BLAN Scripts, Excel files, PowerPoint Presentations) to be used by clients and other Analytics reps.
- Provide top quality support to our Quant and Derivatives community clients via MSG, IB or our live ADSK system.
You will learn on the job:
- Enterprise access to premium online learning portals with finance and coding related courses. The ability to take Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF), or CFA, FRM or another external programme.
- Deep understanding of derivatives valuation, modelling and quantitative strategies across Equities, Commodities, FX and FI.
- Understanding of our client’s workflows, and the umbrella of Bloomberg solutions available to them.
- In depth understanding of Bloomberg’s various APIs and Toolkits.
- Latest open source technologies used by the Data Science community spanning advanced data visualization, widgets and analytics.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 2-year experience in a technical, client facing role.
- Advanced coding skills in Python or R, coupled with a basic understanding of data structures and algorithms
- University degree in a quantitative subject
- Hunger to learn and share your success with others
- Impeccable communication skills
- Business acumen and an eye for spotting revenue opportunities
We’d love to see:
- Prior front-office market experience in any asset class
- Experience with Machine Learning in the context of finance
Talent Partner – Global Financial Products
As a Talent Partner, you’ll collaborate with Global Financial Products and business aligned HR teams to understand the talent and leadership development needs to build and deliver bespoke solutions. You’ll be tasked to link talent development to business performance, ensuring that your solutions are culturally relevant, scalable globally and aligned with our global priorities. You’ll recommend and implement a wide range of learning and development, change management, and other organization development approaches based on client needs. You’ll be part of a team that designs, delivers and evaluates the core leadership curriculum from aspiring leaders to senior managers.
In addition to supporting our leaders in the Americas, our New York-based Talent Partners work with our Talent Development teams in EMEA and APAC to develop our leaders and teams around the globe.
Who are you?
You’ll thrive in our area as an exceptional multi-tasker, who has a real passion for talent strategy development and learning solutions. You are able to understand our businesses challenges and opportunities and see how they link to talent development needs. You’re a problem-solver who thinks fast and adapts quickly to change, and is happy to be “hands-on” in all aspects of our team’s work. Most of all, you’re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
You’re someone who thinks globally but able to customize the requirement to local needs and a high degree of integrity and want to make a difference.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with HR colleagues and senior leaders to understand the leadership, talent and learning needs from their business areas and engage resources from the enterprise Talent Development team to create solutions
- Help build out workforce plans to solve for future workforce needs, as a well as succession plans for critical roles and individuals across the business
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR to define the overall talent needs for different parts of the business and align development with a broader people strategy
- Work collaboratively with Talent Development colleagues locally and globally to drive the talent plan for businesses you support
- Support the technical training team embedded with the business to identify people development and soft skill development needs, and incorporate them into business training [open to changes to this language]
- Facilitate the identification, development and management of high potential leadership talent for businesses you support
- Design selected leadership development courses / solutions to be utilized regionally and globally
You need to be able to:
- Partner with business managers and HR Business Partners to create and implement strategic talent plans
- Be pragmatic and passionate about leadership and talent management
- Adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Communicate persuasively and credibly (both verbally and in writing)
- Deliver classroom, blended and remote training offerings for leadership audiences
You need to have:
- 10+ years of proven track record of design and delivery of training in a commercial environment, with a strong emphasis on leadership development
- Excellent training delivery and facilitation skills, with experience delivering to international groups and using a variety of delivery methods and platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of learning and development in design choices and the use of different media
- Consulting experience (as an internal or external consultant
- Coaching Experience
- Experience with implementing change and talent management initiatives
- Experience identifying and developing high potential talent
- Solid organizational skills and take personal accountability for the success of initiatives
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- An ability to act professionally regarding sensitive subjects, and an ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
We’d love to see:
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Consulting experience
- Experience in financial or professional services
Business Intelligence Developer
In this role, you will have the chance to collaborate with exceptional colleagues located across the globe on projects with real impact. Each day, you’ll ideate and develop solutions that address core business needs. You will have the opportunity to invest in your career by growing your technical skills alongside colleagues who share your enthusiasm about technology. As an owner of what we build, you will advocate for our BI solutions, driving usage in our organization. You will wear many hats, and have the flexibility to be creative and innovative whilst personally disrupting the status quo. In this role, you will harness project management skills to manage your time and help our team surpass goals. You’ll feel like you’re at a start-up, but you’ll be in a large and established organization with global reach. That’s Bloomberg.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Closely partner with business users and analysts to gather requirements and understand information needs.
- Develop prototypes to illustrate and refine requirements.
- Build and maintain dimensional data models to support Business Intelligence reporting.
- Create compelling visualizations that are intuitive and responsive for end-users.
- Test solutions for performance and scalability.
- Triage and resolve issues for clients in a timely, efficient manner.
- Propose ideas and share expertise on BI-related initiatives.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Business Intelligence tools (QlikSense preferred) to disseminate analytics to a variety of audiences.
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field.
- Thorough understanding of relational database systems, query/maintenance using SQL (Microsoft SQL Server preferred).
- Exceptional dimensional data modeling skills and knowledge of OLAP principles.
- Experience within Agile development environment.
- Familiarity with web-based charting libraries (D3 preferred).
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and data mining techniques/tools.
- Ability to build relationships and closely collaborate with multidisciplinary counterparts.
- Great attention to detail, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility, resilience, and a positive approach to challenges.
- Legally work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future
We’d love to see:
- An advanced degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience analyzing operations.
- Experience with Greenplum and Hadoop.
Bloomberg Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Bloomberg from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Bloomberg jobs;