British Army Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete British Army job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
There are a range of careers on offer in the REME that allow you to progress through the ranks and gain civilian recognised qualifications. Whether you’re interested in becoming a REME Officer or Soldier, and you need further advice or have any questions then help is at hand.
Apply Online British Army Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about British Army hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
As a soldier, you’ll do a vital job, making sure the Army operates smoothly and effectively, at home and overseas.
It takes lots of different trades to run the Army, there are many jobs to choose from, all with training of the highest standard. Your hard work will be rewarded, because to us, you’re more than an employee – you’re a valued member of the Army family.
Women already serving in the Army are now able to transfer into infantry roles.
- Standard entry soldier
Like all soldiers, you will complete 14 weeks basic training to learn the fundamental soldiering skills, and for REME soldiers this is undertaken at Army Training Regiments (ATR). These are located in Pirbright and Winchester for senior entry and Harrogate for junior entry. This will teach you basic soldiering skills such as drill, weapons handling, fieldcraft, first aid and map reading.
You will also work on physical fitness and personal development. Following this, having selected the trade you wish to pursue, you will go to one or REME’s engineering schools where you will become a REME craftsman and learn your trade. Training can last up to two years depending upon your chosen job role, following this you will be posted to a unit in the field Army.
- Junior entry soldier
You will attend a 23-week course (including three weeks holiday) at the Army Foundation College (AFC) in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. This will include a period of basic military training where you will learn skills such as weapons training, drill and fieldcraft. You will also receive excellent leadership and initiative training and have the opportunity to go on adventurous training activities.
As part of the ‘Technical Stream’, you will complete a Common Foundation module of training which, as well as being a part of the Foundation Modern Apprenticeship (FMA) in Engineering (completed at Phase 2) will also be in preparation for your specialist trade training.
Entry Qualifications: Grade A-C in at least English language, Mathematics and a Science are required for all technician trades. Grade A-D for English language, Mathematics and a Science are required for all other trades except Technical Support Specialist which does not require a Science. You will also have to sit the Army Technical Selection Test which is a mathematical test.
Challenge. Training. Responsibility. Adventure. Become a British Army Officer and nothing is out of your range.
Whether it’s commanding a platoon of soldiers on operations, leading a humanitarian mission or helping to build critical infrastructure and rebuild lives after a natural disaster, you will lead a life that is full of purpose.
The average person spends 15 days a year surfing the web in their spare time. You can join the Army Reserve and get to do something different with your time – most roles ask for just 27 days a year. You’ll get to learn new skills, make friends and get paid too.
- Aircraft Technician Repair and maintain the airframes, engines and mechanical systems (including hydraulics and flying controls) of Army aircraft
- Avionics Technician Repair and maintain the electronics systems (including radar, instruments navigation and weapons) of Army aircraft
- Electronics Technician Repair and maintain the electronics of all Army equipment from main battle tanks and missiles to robots and medical equipment
- Vehicle Mechanic Repair and maintain all Army mechanical equipment from quad bikes to truck and main battle tanks
- Recovery Mechanic When vehicles are blown up, broken down or overturned, use your engineering knowledge to extract them to a safe location for repairs
- Metalsmith Become a welding and fabrication expert capable of working with all metals and techniques to repair the Army’s equipment
- Armourer Inspect, repair and maintain all Army weapons from pistols to artillery and Apache chain guns
- Technical Support Specialist Ensure that the REME has the right tools, resources and military skills to function in barracks and on operations
British Army Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for British Army from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for British Army jobs;