Co-op Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Co-op job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
The Co-operative Group, trading as the Co-op, is a British consumer co-operative with a diverse family of retail businesses including food retail and wholesale; electrical retail; financial services; insurance services; legal services and funeralcare, with in excess of 4,200 locations. It is the largest consumer co-operative in the UK and owned by more than 4.5 million active members. Membership is open to everyone, provided they agree to subscribe £1 sterling in the capital of the society out of their first share of the profits and share the values & principles upon which the group was founded. Members are democratically involved in setting business strategy, decide how social goals are achieved, and share in its profits – in the 2016 £19m was returned to members and their chosen local community causes via the 5+1 scheme. No year end dividend was paid in 2015. The Co-operative Group has over 70,000 employees across the UK.
Apply Online Co-op Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Co-op hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Customer Team Member
This isn’t your standard food retail job, and no two days will be the same. But the one thing that won’t change is your dedication to providing great service to our customers and members. Our stores are a strong part of the local community and we’re proud to give back to them. So not only will you be helping customers find what they need, making sure the store looks good, and introducing them to our membership scheme. You’ll be building relationships and getting to who shops with us every day. Because that’s what being part of a community is all about. That’s the Co-op difference. And you’ll do it all with a smile on your face, just so you can put a smile on theirs.
At Co-op, everyone is part of something that matters. We do meaningful work together, as a team – no matter where we’ve all come from. And as a Customer Team Member, Team Leader or Assistant Manager in one of our new stores, you’ll use your passion for people to bring great service to new customers and new members in your local community.
What you’ll do:
- work alongside and develop a strong relationship with the store manager to provide a great customer experience
- mentor and coach your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
- create a great working environment for your team
- build strong links with other nearby Co-op businesses, and the local community
- create a community plan and lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
- be a role model to your team to take pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
- create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
- react quickly and positively to changing priorities in store
- alongside the store manager, review new ways to increase sales and improve store performance
- deputise for the store manager in their absence
This role would suit people who have:
- previous experience as a supervisor or manager, preferably within retail or hospitality
- a proven record of coaching and developing teams of various sizes and ability
- an interest working with your local community and understand how the community is a huge focus for the Co-op
- previously helped to improve business performance
- experience working closely with your colleagues in a customer facing environment
- the ability to manage changing and often conflicting priorities
Co-op Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Co-op from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Co-op jobs;