Credit Suisse Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Credit Suisse job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Credit Suisse Group AG is a Swiss multinational investment bank and financial services company founded and based in Switzerland. Headquartered in Zürich, it maintains offices in all major financial centersaround the world. As the second largest bank in Switzerland, it is considered a “Bulge Bracket” bank providing services in investment banking, private banking, asset management, and shared services. Credit Suisse is known for its strict bank–client confidentiality and banking secrecy practices.
Apply Online Credit Suisse Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Credit Suisse hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
The team is responsible for developing the methodology for many of the components of the bank’s Economic Capital model. The responsibilities of the candidate would include:
- Understanding the Economic Capital measure and its various components;
- Developing, enhancing and maintaining economic risk capital models (e.g. Pension risk, Business risk, etc.);
- Proactively seek solutions to improve material parts of the model; review and improve component; identify the relevant sources of risk and assess their capture;
- Researching alternative methodologies, and comparing them; justifying and test the chosen option;
- Ensuring that the models adhere to internal and external policies/guidelines and pass model validation;
- Documentation of the models following internal and external standards (e.g. validation, SR 11-7), also ensure models are BCBS 239 compliant;
- Collaborating with quant developers and IT analyst to implement changes to the model;
- Establishing processes to monitor the models to ensure they remain fit for purpose;
- Presentations to senior management ensuring that model risk, technicalities, change impacts etc. are well understood;
- Support embedding ERC into critical management processes of the firm, including financial planning, strategic planning, risk appetite setting, assessment of new businesses/material trades, and ultimately performance management.
- At least 8+ years of experience in methodology development projects or a quantitative risk measurement role in a financial institution. Experience in Treasury risk, Pension risk, ALM modeling is desirable; previous Economic Capital experience is desirable
- Previous experience in leading methodology development projects and supervising quantitative analysts would be an advantage
- A candidate with degree in Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, Econometrics or Statistics is preferred. Accounting knowledge is desirable;
- Professional qualification e.g. CFA, FRM, PRM, CA, CQF would be an advantage;
- VBA, R, Python or SQL knowledge is an advantage;
- General knowledge of risk issues and investment products;
- Experience in methodology documentation is highly valued;
- Ability to work well in a global team, manage work and build relationships;
- Positive attitude, good communication, presentation skills;
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate work, under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Willingness to take responsibility, challenge the status quo and ability to provide alternative solutions.
- You will carry out day to day administration of a portfolio of structures holding a diverse range of assets.
- You will adhere to the risk control framework of CS Trust Group in relation to own client base.
- Adherence to Service Quality Standards for Trust Management.
- You will ensure adequate risk management and control in Trust administration team, satisfying fiduciary and regulatory obligations whilst delivering the required service quality levels.
- You will look after delivery and attainment of Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaison with Credit Suisse Relationship Managers, investment managers, legal/tax advisors or other third parties regarding client affairs as necessary will allow you to build up a solid working relationships.
- Contact with diverse clients will give you a chance to create a network with positive relationships.
- Consideration of client requests both with regard to tax implications and risk assessment.
- Drafting of Trustee resolutions and company minutes.
- Review of legal agreements and documentation to be executed on behalf of client entities.
- Interaction with all divisions of CS Trust Group globally, including Legal & Compliance.
- Focus upon Data Quality within the Trust Management systems.
- Regular collaboration with Trust Accounting Operations for Guernsey, as required.
- Review of financial documents for trusts and companies.
- Involvement in CS Trust Internal Audits, as required.
- Project self management and involvement in business initiatives for CS Trust Guernsey/Group.
- Attending CS Trust presentations and other relevant seminars for CPD or job specific training.
- 5 years’ relevant fiduciary sector experience
- Strong personal skills including authenticity and an ability to demonstrate diversity of thinking, crafting a positive personal impact within Credit Suisse and a significant contribution on the health of the organization as a whole.
- Ability to establish a network across divisions of the Credit Suisse Group
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good numerical skills and accuracy.
- Strong demonstrable knowledge of fiduciary administration and the role of the Trustee.
- Deep understanding of trust & company administration.
- An ability to produce accurate work whilst working to short deadlines and ambitious objectives.
- Organised and capable of working both as part of a team as well as on their own initiative toward specific targets and objectives.
- Willingness to assist in the workload coverage of trust and company administration.
- Possess strong relationship building, influence and consultation skills. Ability to foster teamwork by establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with peers, management and clients.
- Be performance/customer-oriented, motivated and able to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work accurately, reliably and with attention to detail.
- Able to handle a portfolio of clients with minimal direct supervision.
- Maintains consistent and continuous service across multiple client relationships.
- Responds appropriately and promptly to clients’ issues, requests and complaints.
- Strives for best practices and high quality service.
- Identifies and analyzes problems and opportunities.
- Supports others and with enthusiasm shares appropriate information.
- Is committed to ongoing learning, implementing new knowledge into practice.
Client Instruction Management (CIM) Representative
- Position in a premier bank with excellent career opportunities.
- You will focus on timely and accurate handling of clients’ instruction validation.
- You will perform call backs to clients in a professional manner.
- Ensure proper assessment of client instructions as per bank requirements.
- Structured management of urgent/high value cash transactions.
- Provide high quality services and achieve the defined service levels and Key Performance Indicators.
- Maintain deep knowledge of anti-fraud processes of the bank.
- You will facilitate process change and continuous improvements.
- You have overall know-how of banking products and processing areas.
- You have pleasant personality with excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- You are an organised and systematic individual who pays attention to details and accuracy.
- You are a fast learner and have the ability to rotate between different topic areas and tasks.
The following will be an advantage:
- You have experience in client services.
- You possess good command of Mandarin and Cantonese. You might cater the China market.
- You possess experience in the financial services industry.
- You are able to multi-task.
- You have good end-user computing skills (MS Office Suite).
- The Global Compliance Investigations function is responsible for proactive identification with timely remediation and read-across of identified failures in the execution or design of the bank’s compliance processes and controls
- Supporting the Head of Compliance Investigations function in Switzerland, actively collaborate with GC Litigation and Investigations colleagues to ensure thorough fact finding, information gathering and coordination amongst applicable supporting functions and stakeholders where control remediation, misconduct, supervision failures or regulatory interaction is concerned and in accordance with the Compliance Investigations function mandate and framework
- Assist with ensuring timely updates on status of matters including clear and effective reporting of key risk indicators and metrics
- A university or comparable degree
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in compliance, regulatory or forensic investigations as well as / and broader experience in audit and general legal topics
- Excellent analytical, management and presentation skills, solid interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated, flexible and precise
- A high degree of diligence in working with sensitive and confidential data, analytical and conceptual thinking, ability to work efficiently, pragmatically and independently
- Sound understanding of banking and financial services including regulatory framework and expectations
Credit Suisse Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Credit Suisse from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Credit Suisse jobs;