Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete DNV GL job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Apply Online DNV GL Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about DNV GL hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Renewables Due Diligence Engineer
As an engineer in this team the individual will be expected to:
- Represent DNV GL, both during execution of your projects as well as market and business development events;
- Work on due diligence projects, including reviewing of documentation relating to wind conditions, turbine suitability, ground conditions, planning and construction;
- Contract review work including review of clauses, technical specification and the allocation of risk to relevant parties;
- Be involved with contract negotiation alongside the customer’s legal team;
- Review the financial model for projects including revenue assumptions, capital costs and operations costs;
- After an initial period of learning, progress to managing due diligence projects;
- Undertake periodic site visits and inspections;
- Support the continuous improvement of the business through the development of tools and processes as well as business development;
- Any other appropriate duties as directed by line management.
The project work is often fast paced with tight timeframes. The candidate must be willing to work with complex tasks under such deadline pressure, and be comfortable in managing workflow to deliver work on time (working with line manager and other team members to allocate work effectively).
- Experience in the renewables industry in a technical consulting capacity;
- An appropriate degree/ higher degree in an engineering subject;
- A team player with energy and enthusiasm;
- Proven ability to produce clear written reports and communicate verbally in English;
- Demonstrable ability to deliver complex tasks to tight timelines;
- Good organisation and time management skills;
- Adaptability, and able to cope with a wide variety of tasks;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong commercial acumen;
- Good IT skills, and experience using MS Office suite packages.
- Previous experience in performing due diligence activities;
- Good understanding of wind energy and previous experience in wind lender and owner’s engineer activities;
- Understanding of standard contract forms in construction, in particular for renewable energy projects;
- Understanding of Irish planning as applied to onshore wind;
- Good understanding of project finance structures and the financial models for wind farm projects.
Control and Loads Engineer
Areas of Responsibility / Key Tasks:
This diverse role combines technical duties and project management. The main technical duties would be:
• Creating power production control loops for variable speed pitch regulated wind turbines
• Optimising control policies in conjunction with nonlinear time domain wind turbine simulation tools to achieve cost of energy targets
• Performing load calculations for onshore, offshore fixed or floating wind turbines for a range of design standards using the aero-elastic software tool Bladed
• Analysing and researching complex phenomena in the area of aerodynamics, structural dynamics, control response, atmospheric physics, etc.
• Using an understanding of the highly coupled nature of the wind turbine system (including how the loads interact with structural components and mechanical systems) to deliver solutions that minimise overall cost of energy for customers
• Performing Life Assessment analysis
• Reporting and presenting design work both to external customers and internal audiences
• Assisting with departmental service development and maintenance activities, which may include innovation such as the development of internal tools / software scripts
• Supporting the specification of Bladed features and testing
• Providing Control and Loads training courses to customers
• Supporting business development activities by, for example preparing proposals
• Acting as project manager on consultancy work
• Regularly communicating with customers by e-mail, audio / video conference and face-to-face meeting
• Providing thought leadership in the area of turbine coupled analysis and design in the form of conference papers, seminars, blogs / online articles, etc.
International travel, typically for 1-2 week sessions is to be expected and may include travel to wind turbines in remote locations. DNV GL has a mature international travel safety policy and follows UK Foreign Office advice at all times. The number of travel sessions is difficult to predict but is likely to be in the region of 2-4 per year. In addition, there may be short stay travel within Europe for internal and external meetings; typically 1-2 day sessions.
Key Performance Indicators:
The individual will make an effective contribution to:
– Delivering successful control design and loads analysis results both to internal and external stakeholders
– Managing projects effectively such that the agreed scope is satisfied and time and budget restraints are respected
– Driving the research into more advanced and efficient service offerings
– Writing proposals and winning new business
• Upper second or higher equivalent degree in engineering, physics or similar numerate subject.
• Masters’ degree in a related engineering field
• Good understanding of aerodynamic loads, structural dynamics and general mechanical engineering concepts
• Competent with classical control theory and transfer function analysis
• Excellent programming skills (C++, Matlab, Python, etc.)
• Proficient in MS Office programmes
• Experience in renewable energy
• Awareness of latest wind turbine design standards
• Good knowledge or expertise in loads analysis, aero-elasticity and/or multibody dynamics
• Previous experience with modelling and control of wind turbines.
• Masters’ degree in renewable energy
• A PhD in engineering or physics, preferably in the subject area of the post
• Previous experience in the use of the Matlab Control Toolbox
• Experience in the use of an aero-elastic software such as Bladed, Fast, HAWC, etc.
• Enthusiasm and self-motivation, including a willingness to develop and take on new challenges and responsibilities
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
• Responsibility, independence and a high level of integrity / respect for confidentiality
• Ability to think critically and assess information independently
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Good cooperation skills and a willingness to share knowledge within the team
• Good communication skills, including the ability to write clear and accurate reports in English and interact with customers professionally
• Ability and willingness to work in an international environment as well as with international clients
• Willingness to travel occasionally
• Passion for renewable energy and an interest in wind turbine design
Conditions of Employment:
• long term Continued Professional development • 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
Location – The position is based in Bristol. The prospective candidate should be willing to travel on international assignments if required.
Senior Renewable Energy Analyst
We are now looking to expand our team with the recruitment senior engineer/ analyst. The successful applicant will undertake wind energy assessments and site meteorological conditions work for both onshore and offshore wind farms at the pre-construction and post-construction stage. This will involve analysis of high resolution meteorological data, assessment of SCADA and other wind farm datasets, and writing high quality reports.
The objective of the work is to enable customers, and interested third parties, to understand the expected energy output of a project and optimise its performance.
This is full time position. Working hours are flexible, with starting times between 8.00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., 37.5h per week, Monday – Friday.
Duties will include:
- Undertake pre or post-construction energy production assessments which include the following:
- wind data or turbine data processing and quality checking
- correlation analysis
- wind flow and wake modelling
- review of energy losses
- statistical analysis
- report writing
- Undertake site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also a review of:
- extreme wind speed
- ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity
- wind shear
- temperature range
- Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which may include:
- feasibility studies
- site meteorological measurements
- shadow flicker assessments
- noise modelling
- visual impact assessments
- Short-term forecasting
- SCADA analysis
- Monitoring the performance of operating wind farms for owners and lenders
- Proposal writing
- Participate in R&D projects as and when required
- Any other duties as directed by line management.
Applicant must have:
- A degree in mechanical or environmental engineering, meteorology, physics or mathematics, with a 2.1 degree classification or above
- A strong interest in the renewable energy sector
- Aptitude for statistical analysis of data
- An interest in and aptitude for programming and databases
- Good organisational skills and ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment to deliver high quality work
- The ability to write clear and accurate reports in English
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to develop and enjoy taking on challenges and responsibilities.
- Previous experience of analysing and interpreting large data sets, such as SCADA data
- Previous work or other experience that demonstrates the required skills within the wind energy industry.
Business Development Lead
The Business Development Lead/ Director for Electric Vehicles (EV) in Europe will focus on customer needs in the rapidly developing EV market and drive extraordinary growth at a key time for this market with increasing activity in markets in Europe and across the globe. That individual should be capable of penetrating customer organisations (automotive OEM’s, charge point operators, network operators, utilities, governments and regulatory bodies, financiers/ lenders) at the highest levels, growing the business, seeking new ways to work with key customers and secure new work of both a strategic and technical nature.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Achieve improved market recognition to secure extraordinary growth in terms of order intake and revenue on a global basis;
- Identify, drive and facilitate sales and market led opportunities for EV services e.g. generating leads, qualify proposals and closing deals in cooperation with the regional business leads for Energy Storage and electricity networks;
- Analyse new business opportunities, gather market intelligence and ensure distribution of knowledge amongst relevant colleagues and inform the Energy Storage Segment Leader;
- Decide the market approach for the topic/focus area, and cooperate with the Energy Storage Segment Leader for large value strategic and tactical projects;
- Being close to the market and our customers, you will monitor and anticipate market developments in EVs, providing information to the Energy Storage Segment Leader to enable a coordinated market approach, strong resource planning and competency development of staff;
- Cooperate and work closely with the regional Business Development managers, Service Area Leaders and Heads of Department on large multi-disciplined sales efforts and subsequent delivery set up for the projects when required;
- Encourage and promote improvements in cross regional and cross departmental working to enhance the value added to Customers;
- Keep up to date with developments in EVs and identify services to promote and/ or enhance;
- Participate in cross-regional commercial activities and business development such as ‘first time’ bids and complex projects in agreement with the Service Areas/ Regions/ Business Units.
- Relevant technical degree (i.e. engineering, mathematics, comupter science etc.);
Significant knowledge and understanding of the Electric Vehicle market, major players and future prospects/ trends;
- Experience of developing and delivering corporate and strategic messages to customers and building new long term relationships;
- Proven business development skills;
- Ability to influence at a strategic level;
- Proven ability to develop innovative ideas and bring them to market;
- Strong interpersonal, relationship and stakeholder management skills;
- Well-developed critical and analytical skills and excellent decision making ability;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Good presentation skills and experience presenting to large groups and clients at a senior level.
DNV GL Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for DNV GL from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for DNV GL Jobs;