EDF Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete EDF job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
EDF Energy, the UK’s largest producer of low-carbon electricity. Join EDF, and you’ll play a part in our plans for a sustainable energy future. Hear from some of our employees on what’s it like working here.
Apply Online EDF Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about EDF hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Work Insight Programme
We’ve partnered with the Social Mobility Foundation, a charity which aims to make a practical improvement in social mobility for young people from low-income backgrounds. Through the Social Mobility Foundation’s Aspiring Professionals Programme we’re offering the opportunity to gain experience working at EDF Energy on our Work Insight Programme.
Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship
Based first at our Engineering Training Academy near Portsmouth, then one of our eight UK power stations, this is a brilliant way to start your career in engineering. You’ll get a unique insight into what it takes to run and maintain a power station, develop a wide range of technical skills as well as gaining a Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Certificate, a BTEC Level 3 and the potential for further education such as a HNC.
- 5 GCSEs or National 5s required
- 4 year apprenticeship
Nuclear Engineer Degree Apprenticeship
Spend four years learning from experts, getting valuable experience all whilst studying for a Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Honours)
- 3 A Levels
- 4 year apprenticeship
Advertising Sponsorship & Vitality Executive
Based in Hove this role is responsible for the operational delivery of the companywide corporate advertising and sponsorship campaigns. All Communications activity will be measured by its impact on the key metrics of brand awareness, equity and engagement. All material will be legally and regulatory compliant with internal and external bodies and conform to brand guidelines.
Also responsible for assisting the Vitality Manager to i) equip the organisation with tools, processes and training on how to use the brand in line with Brand Equity, Tone of Voice, Brand Identity and Brand Experience guidelines, and ensure that all marketing activity is compliant with brand guidelines; ii) leveraging integrated corporate brand campaigns as a means to engage employees behind what EDF Energy stands for as a company; iii) bringing the brand to life across company assets such as buildings, corporate stationery and templates, and branded company vehicles.
- Contributory to the Brand Strategy & Digital Communications budget
- Brand consistently applied across all contact points companywide
- Brand awareness and equity targets alongside engagement metrics
Radiation Protection Technician
Applications are invited for the posts of Environmental Safety Technician, in the Technical and Safety Support Department, Environmental Support Group, at Sizewell B Power Station.
Nature and Scope
- Radiation and contamination surveys and the provision of a monitoring service to work groups.
- Monitoring materials and waste before release from the Controlled Area.
- The examination and testing of protective clothing and respiratory protection equipment.
- Control, management & fit testing of respiratory protective equipment in the RCA.
- The maintenance and testing of fixed and portable Radiological Protection monitoring equipment.
- Decontamination of personnel, plant and equipment.
- The control and periodic testing of radioactive sources.
- The control, maintenance & testing of radiological vacuum cleaners and filtered extract equipment.
- Installation and removal of radiation shielding.
- Responding to abnormal radiological events and implementing site contingency arrangements.
- District Survey Lab duties.
- Dosimetry clerk cover.
The successful candidate will be expected to act as role model in demonstrating appropriate behaviours and practices when performing Radiological Protection duties. The successful candidate will be expected to reinforce good radiological practices and to coach others to adopt these practices.
As part of the duties of this post the successful candidate will be required to undertake a role in accordance with the Station Emergency Plan. Candidates must be in possession of a full driving licence. Once appointed candidates must reside within 25 miles or 45 minutes travelling time of the Station.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Applicants should possess a good general education, to GCSE or equivalent levels, that include ‘c’ and above passes in English and Mathematics.
We are recruiting Solicitors for our Whitfield Street, London and Interchange Croydon offices.
Our Legal department is recruiting a Solicitor with demonstrable post-qualification experience to assist the Corporate & Customers Legal Team to provide a pro-active, preventative and commercially relevant legal service to EDF Energy’s Customers business unit. The Customers business unit carries out a range of activities from supplying electricity and gas to commercial and residential customers, to delivering energy services solutions. You’ll also support our Corporate & Steering Functions (CSF) business which is responsible for various internal functions including employment, litigation, supply chain, corporate finance, transactions and board support.
Nature and Scope
The Solicitor will report directly to the Head of Legal – Corporate Services & Dispute Resolution. The Solicitor will provide legal advice and support to the business on contractual, transactional, statutory, regulatory and other matters in accordance with the governance arrangements documented and agreed with the General Counsel – Corporate & Customers. As required by the General Counsel – Corporate & Customers and Heads of Legal the Solicitor will support strategic or team initiatives in order to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
The Solicitor will support EDF Energy’s Customers business unit & CSF, and will be engaged in a wide range of work including:
– negotiating commercial contracts (including goods and services, software licences, partnerships and collaborations); advising on a range of commercial issues including data protection, IP and IT; litigation and dispute resolution; various corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions, disposals, restructurings and financing arrangements); company law compliance; joint ventures, shareholder engagement; advising boards and senior stakeholders; construction projects; energy sales contracts (including complex arrangements with major customers); energy services contracts (including concession agreements, asset procurements, financing and related arrangements); general procurement and consumer and regulatory matters;
The Solicitor will escalate and ensure the Head of Legal – Corporate Services & Dispute Resolution is informed of all significant, regulatory and project issues and matters with significant senior leadership team involvement before a decision is taken in those areas.
The Solicitor will advise on corporate and commercial legal issues and associated legislation and will need to interface with a number of different departments within Customers business unit and CSF. The Solicitor will be capable of engaging appropriately and effectively with external stakeholders and staff at all levels of seniority within the organisation
The Solicitor will work collaboratively with other parts of EDF Energy and EDF Group to ensure best practice is identified and shared across the EDF business, using opportunities external or internal to highlight and share such best practices.
- To provide a timely, preventive and commercially relevant legal advice to the business unit or CSF on contractual, transactional, statutory and regulatory issues.
- To work closely with Business Partners within the relevant areas of the business to understand their objectives and business drivers and to identify current and future legal requirements.
- To lead on and support company initiatives, projects and transactions including mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, collaborations, corporate restructuring, financing, company formation and dissolution.
- To lead on reviewing and negotiating a range of commercial contracts and providing practical and commercially focussed legal advice and identifying and where practical mitigating key risks for the purchase of good and services across the supply chain for the Corporate and Customers areas and to prepare suitable risk assessments, board papers, and other documents to assist management in its decision making.
- To develop and deliver training courses appropriate for the business and for other solicitors as required, including the creation and maintenance of precedents.
- To undertake research, as directed, on future legislative changes that may impact the business.
- To create (as directed by the Heads of Legal) and maintain awareness of processes and procedures relating to compliance matters.
- To manage external legal resource where necessary.
- To maintain full and up to date files on all matters following the team’s filing practices
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Qualified solicitor admitted in England and Wales or equivanlent.
- Relevant post qualification experience as a solicitor
- Good level of competence and experience in dealing with negotiating commercial contracts (including goods and services, software licences, partnerships and collaborations); advising on a range of commercial issues including data protection, IP and IT; litigation and dispute resolution;
- Experience of delivering a pro-active business focused service that anticipates risks and prevents problems.
- Demonstrates well rounded legal knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness.
- Able to effectively communicate legal concepts to a range of audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Able to establish credibility within the business unit, and effectively manage a range of stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and work on several projects concurrently.
- Flexible approach with a willingness to develop knowledge and skills in different areas of law and provide support to other teams, as required.
- Organised and methodical approach.
- Able to use MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint to a good level.
- Confident communicator, able to present information to a range of audiences.
EDF Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for EDF from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for EDF jobs;