Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Heriot-Watt University job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Heriot-Watt University is a public university based in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was established in 1821 as the world’s first mechanics’ institute (Royal Charter granted in 1966) and has campuses in the Scottish Borders, Orkney, United Arab Emirates and Putrajaya in Malaysia.
Apply Online Heriot-Watt University Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Heriot-Watt University hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
The School’s Professional Services are structured in four main teams and this post is based within the Student Services Team, whose primary function is to deliver administrative support to the School’s students from the point of enrolment through to graduation.
Key duties and responsibilities
The role supports the examinations and assessment processes within the School. The main areas of responsibility are as follows:-
- Act as first point of contact for students visiting the School Assessment Office and manage enquiries/refer on to appropriate colleagues.
- Monitor the School’s exams e-mail account, addressing enquiries and diverting more complex enquiries to appropriate colleagues.
- Exam Scripts – Assist in processing examination results prior to the relevant Assessment Boards scripts.
- Coursework – Co-ordinate the rota for the collection of assignments following submission and maintain the student-facing information board
- Mitigating Circumstances – Support administrative process for submission of student mitigating circumstances, including acknowledge receipt and log submission.
- Special Exam requirements – Support administrative process for students with special examination requirements, including preparation of paperwork/packs for each student during examination diets.
- Marks Spreadsheets – Assist in the creation of the course mark spreadsheets, using data form the student record system and disseminate them to academic staff for recording student marks.
- Filing and archiving of assessment office documentation, as required.
The role will be to increase research and teaching capacity in the Photonics and Quantum Sciences fields.
Successful applicants will maintain a portfolio of high-quality research that complements the activities of IPaQS, from winning funding through to sharing relevant and impactful findings, while seeking opportunities to work collaboratively with other members of the Institute.
The appointees will also perform a teaching role, potentially teaching in both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as appropriate.
We are seeking to appoint experimentalists at up to Full Professor grade, whose research complements and enhances our existing thematic coverage and allows us to build capacity in priority areas such as integrated photonics, quantum technology and novel materials. In particular, we will prioritise applications from researchers who can demonstrate an ability to capitalize on the recent infrastructural and equipment investments in the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences cleanroom. Applicants holding a nationally or internationally awarded fellowship, or preparing an application for such, are encouraged to apply.
Heriot-Watt University Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Heriot-Watt University from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Heriot-Watt University jobs;