Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Laing O’Rourke job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
WHY CHOOSE US?
Laing O’Rourke has one of the most engaged workforces of any global company. Why? Maybe it’s because we always put our people first. Perhaps it’s about the exciting opportunities we offer. We think there are plenty of reasons. But don’t take our word for it, why don’t you find out for yourself?
We offer opportunities spanning a diverse range of professional disciplines and in locations across our European hub. The vast variety of roles we offer reflects the breadth of skills required to run a multi-talented organisation such as ours and enables our business to provide engineering innovations to the most challenging, world class, construction projects.
Apply Online Laing O’Rourke Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Laing O’Rourke hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Senior Digital Engineer
A Senior Digital Engineer provides support to the Digital Engineering Function in the delivery of Digital Engineering objectives across bids and live projects, taking responsibility for significant aspects of a bid/project DE strategy and its consistent implementation in line with industry best practice. To contribute to the continuous improvement of our capability and capacity through proactive feedback.
Purpose of Post (why does the job exist?)
- To support and contribute towards the development of Laing O’Rourke’s Digital Engineering capability, related to the ‘post win’ project delivery phase, in line with industry best practice and emerging innovation and technology.
- To manage the implementation of Digital Engineering to the ‘post-win’ phase of projects by applying appropriate resource, process and protocols at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- To support Laing O’Rourke in the development of their staff to deliver Digital Engineering in line with their discipline specific responsibilities.
- To support the ‘Lead for Post Win Digital Engineering’ across ‘business as usual’ and ‘developing’ Digital Engineering Implementation Strategies, from Work Winning through to Project Delivery.
Digital Engineering – ‘Post Win’ Implementation – European Hub
- Actively plans and contributes to the implementation of Digital Engineering on projects by supporting the application of DE resource, skills, process, protocols and tasks at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, handover, operation and maintenance stages.
- Participates in the development of Laing O’Rourke staff to deliver Digital Engineering in line with their discipline specific responsibilities.
- Supports the Digital Engineering lead in delivering DE to projects in accordance with our scope of services as set out in the Digital Engineering Deliverables Menu.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver DE/BIM Strategies.
- Actively contributes towards and promotes best practice and the development of the Digital Engineering service offering.
- Develop and encourage direct reports through constructive feedback and mentoring to ensure consistency in delivery.
- Work and promote compliance with LOR Digital Engineering procedures and processes, and contribute toward further development.
- Support and mentor direct reports in their learning and development.
- To understand and implement the project specific Digital Engineering (BIM) requirements as informed by the client and stakeholders. Where necessary, support the Digital Engineering lead when working closely with the Project/Bid Leader to define and identify requirements.
- Lead respective contribution to the development of the 3D Model information and associated outputs; e.g. visual, logistical, 4D, temporary works, and quantification by taking ownership of particular Packages or sections of work, used to assist the project team effectively communicate and deliver to critical agreed deadlines.
- Accountable for the clear communication of the process, protocol and training required to support the implementation of Digital Engineering, on bids and projects under individual’s responsibility
- Accountable for implementing Digital Engineering on the Bid or Project, in line with the Business strategy, and for reporting on project implementation.
- Accountable for the capture and sharing of best practice project implementation and Bid support on projects under individual’s responsibility.
- Contribute to project protocols set-up and implementation based on industry standards (BS 1192:2007, PAS1192-2, PAS-1192-3, BS1192-4, PAS1192-5)
- To develop strategies to support the Digital Engineering capability of project stakeholders, both internal and external.
Primary Role Activities (The What and How)
Key Activity 1 – Communication
- Effective communication to ensure coordinated work flows.
- Effective communication of Project Digital Engineering requirements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective communication across ‘Post Win Digital Engineering Team’ to maintain consistent & coordinated work flows – sharing of best practice and processes & software development.
- To understand the Digital Engineering related requirements of our clients.
- To understand the Digital Engineering related capability of project stakeholders.
- To maintain regular communication amongst the LOR Digital Engineering Team.
Key Activity 2 – Implementation; Process, Protocol & Training
- To ensure the consistent implementation of Digital Engineering on projects under the individual’s responsibility.
- To contribute to and to take responsibility for elements of, the development of existing process, protocol & training in line with LOR Group strategy, industry best practice, innovation, technology and project feedback.
- Provide Digital Engineering related practical & technical support to project team as required.
Key Activity 3 – Implementation; Through functional engagement
- To provide direct support to functional staff in line with their discipline specific Digital Engineering responsibilities.
Key Activity 4 – Implementation; Management & Reporting
- To report upon BIM implementation on projects under the individual’s responsibility.
- To report upon functional engagement on projects under the individual’s responsibility.
Key Activity 5 – Best Practice
- To capture best practice relating to Digital Engineering on ‘post win’ projects under the individual’s responsibility.
- To share best practice effectively across the LOR Digital Engineering Team.
Key Activity 6 – Continuous Improvement
- To support the evaluation of technology improvements delivered to support on-site delivery.
- To collect feedback on existing process, protocols and training through project implementation; to evaluate feedback and to recommend change as appropriate when reporting back to LOR Digital Engineering Team.
Key Activity 7 – IT and Business Process
- Strive as far as commercially practical to make optimum and efficient use of current I.T (in areas such as MS Office applications, Internet, Intranet, EDMS etc.) particularly from a commercial perspective.
- Drive through improvements that make best use of information systems, encouraging their use to share knowledge/ best practice/ experiences.
Key Activity 8 – People Management (relevant to line management duties if applicable)
- Make sure that team have objectives and personal development plans to help grow their skills in line with the objectives of the business. Success factors directly linked to the strategic intent of the Digital Engineering Team with SMART deliverables embedded in all performance plans. These should be formally reviewed twice a year.
- Promote knowledge sharing and learning and develop a team able to ‘think outside the box’.
- Contribute towards resource management and team development.
- Professional / Chartered status or working towards…
- Degree in Civil Engineering / Architectural Technology / Building Services / Structural Engineering or similar… (Construction industry related).
- Competent/Advanced understanding of multiple BIM related software platforms.
- Competent/Advanced understanding of PAS1192 suite and the UK BIM Strategy.
- Line management experience.
- Significant experience within a similar role, or
- Significant relevant technical/practical experience within a design/construction role
- Competent understanding of PAS1192 suite and the UK BIM Strategy.
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Ability to both lead and work within a team environment and share learning
- Self motivated, ability to manage and prioritise own workload as well as that of others
- Ability to motivate, inspire and develop others
- Management and influencing skills
Laing O’Rourke Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Laing O’Rourke from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Laing O’Rourke jobs;