Marriott International Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Marriott International job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
TO MAKING YOUR OWN WAY
At Marriott International, we celebrate the dreamers who make their own mark, and with good reason.
Our founders, J.W. and Alice Marriott started with a small idea, a root beer stand. From there, it grew into a small hotel business, and then another, bigger one. Together they created something that changed their future – and maybe yours. A great career has always been a great adventure. Now it’s your turn.
Apply Online Marriott International Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Marriott International hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Chef de Partie – All Day Dining
Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry. Directs and works with employees to verify property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Housekeeping Operations and Budgets
- • Verifies guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- • Inspects guestrooms on a daily basis.
- • Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- • Inventories stock to verify adequate supplies.
- • Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- • Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- • Verifies all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- • Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to verify understanding.
- • Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and verifies compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- • Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- • Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- • Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and verifies employees do the same with them.
- • Schedules employees to business demands and for tracks employee time and attendance.
- • Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
- • Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
- • Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- • Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- • Verifies employee recognition is taking place on all shifts.
- • Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- • Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- • Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- • Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- • Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- • Understands the brand’s service culture.
- • Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- • Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- • Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- • Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- • Strives to improve service performance.
You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine. Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations. You hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
What we’re looking for
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous kitchen experience is a big plus
This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required. Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Human Resources Officer
Assist and support management and the leadership team with handling and resolving Human Resources issues. Assist employees with internal and external transfer requests and procedures. Monitor and assist managers/supervisors with hiring processes and issues. Coordinate and conduct applicant drug screens, reference checks, background checks, motor vehicle checks, and social security number verification. Maintain applicant flow, drug screen, orientation and transfer request logs. Create and maintain new hire and personnel files and enter them into Human Resources Information Systems. Assist with orientation of new employees. Monitor all hiring and recruitment processes for compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and company policies and standards. Ensure accurate maintenance of all employee records and files (e.g., interview documents, I-9’s). Support processing and maintenance of payroll records in accordance with policies and procedures, as necessary. Inform Human Resources management of issues related to employee relations within the division or property. Create and maintain filing systems. Generate Human Resources data reports as necessary Answer phone calls and record messages. Create and type office correspondence using computer. Serve as Human Resources subject matter expert and participate on project teams. Train new hires on Human Resources processes, programs, policies, information systems, etc. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Marriott International from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Marriott International jobs;
Applying for a new job or career path can be daunting. What is the employer looking for? Is your CV ready? How can you prepare for your interview? We get that, and that’s why we’ve put together these videos to help you in your job search.