Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete MEC job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
MEC is a retail co-op that sells exclusively to members. Members get the best products at fair prices, access to rental gear, one of the best guarantees around, and 1% of every sale goes to support the outdoor community. A lifetime membership is $5, the same since 1971.
Apply Online MEC Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about MEC hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
The Buying and Design department works at the centre of the outdoor universe. Our talented team of Designers and Developers work in-house to create functional, technical, quality product with attention to style and detail that exceeds the demands and conditions of the backcountry, whichever adventure you choose, we have you covered.
As the Senior Colourist, you will work closely with the raw materials, design, development and production teams to ensure accurate and consistent colour is achieved across MEC branded product. You will be the colour expert for other cross-functional teams and be accountable for identifying any commercialization risks.
What you do:
- Use visual and digital assessment to review and approve lab dips that meet material specifications and MEC Colour Quality standards
- Ensure best practices are used to manage the colour process
- Maintain colour data in PLM and clearly communicate lab dip results to mill partners and vendors
- Utilize the light box and spectrophotometer to analyze lab dips and ensure proper maintenance of the equipment
- Identify problematic materials and colours and provide expertise on colour achievability
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to identify potential risk in bulk materials
What you bring:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as Fashion Design or Textile Engineering
- 3-5 years as a Colourist for an apparel or equipment brand or textile mill (or other related experience in product or materials development).
- Achieve a superior score on the Munsell 100 Hue Test
- Great communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Expertise in dyeing techniques on multiple substrates (materials, trims plastics etc.)
- Experience in using digital colour evaluation (Datacolor Tools)
- Knowledge of print and graphic techniques
Bonus points if you…
- Love gear, particularly how it is designed and developed.
- Have outdoor industry experience
- Have worked with a PLM system platform
MEC Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for MEC from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for MEC jobs;