National Grid Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete National Grid job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
At the backbone of industry, and in the heart of homes. In the potential of computers, and in the warmth and safety of lightbulbs. From the moment we’re born, and all throughout our lives. Energy is forever present – and, at National Grid, it’s our duty to keep people connected.
Just like our pylons, everyone here is vital to keeping energy in flow. From maintaining our network, to shaping the future of energy delivery, we know we’re not just doing a job: we are thousands of individuals, working in harmony, to power a nation – and beyond. We’re charged by duty. Opportunity tingles at our fingertips. And we want to know – can you feel the potential of a career with National Grid?
Apply Online National Grid Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about National Grid hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
As Contract Administrator, you willsupport the Capital Delivery Contracts Team and the post-contract award management of construction contracts. Managing tailored analytical reports that support the proactive management of construction contracts, you will promote the delivery of projects to time, cost, quality and safety.
Processing and progressing change requests from Contractors and National Grid in the post-contract award management tool (Conject) in accordance with NEC (New Engineering Contract) conditions of contract e.g. Project Managers Instructions (PMI), Compensation Events (CE), Early Warnings (EWN) etc. you will determine and correct housekeeping errors. You will be required to provide training on the post-contract award management tool to National Grid staff and Contractors.
You will ensure data logs and system for contract management records are accurately maintained, whilst providing other administrative support to the Capital Delivery Contracts Team.
- Experience in managing contractor performance
- Experience of successful project delivery and project management tools
- Understanding of project management and safety, health and sustainability measures
- Prolificskills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of working in a contractual or commercial environment
- Experience of working with NEC (New Engineering Contract) 3/4 contract terms is desirable
- Able to build effective working relationships within National Grid and other organisations
- Understanding contract terms and processes
- Experience of the Electricity Transmission and/or Gas Transmission business would be beneficial
- GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English Language and Maths is essential
Control and Instrumentation Engineer
National Grid is embarking on an exciting replacement programme of their Control & Instrumentation systems on their gas transmission assets across the UK. Working with system integrators, suppliers, key stakeholders and project delivery teams you will be providing expert advice on; control, instrumentation, functional safety and cyber security systems throughout the whole design and build lifecycle of the projects. In providing specialist technical support across a range of projects, you will play a critical role to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation, codes, standards andNational Grid’s own policies, procedures and specifications.
You will also be supporting thetechnical input for commercial activities (including contracts, project scopes, tender events and evaluations) and participating in internal and external working groups to develop, review and implement National Grid policies, procedures and specifications and industry standards to drive continuous improvement. You will play a key role in identifying best practice and lessons learned and ensuring that these are embedded into future gas transmission projects.
With a minimum HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline, and a formal development plan to achieve Incorporated and Chartered Engineer status, you will have a knowledge of design assurance and SHEQ related policies and procedures. In addition, you will have knowledge andexperience of Planning, Design, Construction and Maintenance of Gas Transmission type assets, as well as knowledge of ISO9001 and the application ofQuality Management Systems.
With experience in applyingrelevant policies, procedures and specifications and the resolution of technical issues, you will have experience of influencing and negotiating, along with excellent communication and team leadership skills. Additional qualifications inareas such as Auditing, IOSH, NEBOSH, Design Management and CDM, are desirable.
Service Delivery Analyst
As the Service Delivery Analyst you will play a key role in supporting the day-to-day operation of the UK Business, you will beresponsible for managing the outsourced Service Provider. Your role will be to deal with Day-to-day operational management, dealing with incidents, service requests, escalations as and when they arise. Tracking financials to ensure the spend remains within budget and addressing any variances.
You will partakein the Change Management process by attending CAB calls as required, reviewing changes for impact and assisting DXC with changes that are required for routine maintenance and any coordination activities required to ensure all affected stakeholders are managed.
Other parts of your rolewill be responsible for a variety of tasks that will change from time to time, At times it will operate under direction and at other times expected to operate autonomously. Typical tasks will include:
- Analysing data and information and taking / recommending decisions based upon fact.
- Working with customers and suppliers to resolve issues, mitigate risks and realise opportunities.
- Undertaking research and presenting findings in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Planning and executing activities within the assigned Service Delivery department.
- Providing general support to senior colleagues on specific initiatives.
- Leading multi-function and supplier teams to successful conclusion on specific initiatives.
- Monitoring and proactive intervention on finance / budgetary matters.
Now you know all about the role and about National Grid , here is what we want from you to be successful in the role :
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Previous role experience supporting the delivery of IT services to advanced level.
- Previous role experience of the analysis of performance data and providing decision support to leaders in an IT Service Delivery environment.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. ITIL v3) desirable.
- Specific experience of one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: Working closely with customers on issue resolution; Running communication campaigns and initiatives; Researching products and services; Taking an active role in supplier management; Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery planning, implementation and testing; Management of budgets.
Delivery Strategy Business Partner
Maximising efficiencies at all stages of the Network Development Process (TP500) ensuring Capital Delivery are in a position to deliver works effectively, you will provide support to the regional Capital Delivery teams to streamline delivery of projects to scope, time, cost, quality and ensuring health, safety and environmental issues are managed throughout the process. In addition, you will provide support to the regional Capital Delivery teams for the Sanctioning / Gate C and Gate D cycles
Driving new initiatives and working closely with key stakeholders to find a better way to develop and deliver projects more efficiently, you will be directly accountable for providing appropriate project input into the pre-sanction design & development process with Electricity Transmission Network Management.
Directly accountable for providing support to projects for the TP500 sanctioning process, you will provide expertise in the development, implementation and management of project delivery, design, safety by design, commissioning, scheme closure and post-completion requirements.
With responsibility for owning and developing innovative (technology & process) solutions where required, you will also create and progress initiatives to drive business improvements and maximise efficiencies in the end-end delivery of Capital Schemes.
This role will be based in Warwickthough some travel to Capital Delivery offices and sites will be required
National Grid Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for National Grid from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for National Grid jobs;