Network Rail Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Network Rail job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Network Rail is the owner and infrastructure manager of most of the railway network in Great Britain.Network Rail is an arm’s length public body of the Department for Transport with no shareholders, which reinvests its income in the railways. Network Rail’s main customers are the private train operating companies (TOCs), responsible for passenger transport, and freight operating companies (FOCs), who provide train services on the infrastructure that the company owns and maintains. Since 1 September 2014, Network Rail has been classified as a “public sector body”. To cope with quickly rising passenger numbers, Network Rail is currently undertaking a £38 billion programme of upgrades to the network, including Crossrail, electrification of lines, upgrading Thameslinkand a new high-speed line.
Apply Online Network Rail Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Network Rail hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Technical & Training Specialist (Signalling and Telecoms)
Working in the People Capability team, which is part of Network Rail Training, you will provide learning, development and training services to people in the rail industry. This will involve designing, developing and facilitating appropriate training programmes that effectively transfer your knowledge and skills to others to maintain and operateSignalling and Telecoms equipment, such as the Traffic Management and European Train Control System (ETCS). As part of your training programme, you will evaluate the capability of the workforce and offer an inspirational, value for money, delivery that incorporates our core behaviours and safety ethos. If you have previous experience working with Signalling and Telecoms (S&T) in the railway, have strong communication skills and can create a structured training programmes to educate others then this could be the ideal opportunity for you.
Technician [Track Inspection]
The role will require identifying and documenting the detailed business requirements for change projects, working with internal and external clients, stakeholders and suppliers.
- · Develop unambiguous, complete and consistent requirements specifications to support implementation and transition to new ways of working
- · Engage with stakeholders and relevant subject matter experts to identify, collate and understand the detailed business requirements behind an identified business problem or opportunity
- · Analyse and document current processes, workflows and information exchanges to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness of service
- · Analyse and interpret the impact new requirements will have on business operations and design and document the new business processes needed
- · Contribute to the development of business change plans and benefits profiles
- · Contribute to the production of high-level project plans and identify, assess and escalate project risks and issues as appropriate
- · Create and maintain the library of functional documentation related to key processes and the services they enable
Group Financial Accountant
- Develop strategies used to advise the Board and Audit Committee on new accounting developments and propose accounting policies suitable for the business.
- Shape strategies for optimising financial performance in Network Rail and across government by establishing and building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to resolve complex business and organisational objectives by providing expert guidance and advice with regard to all accounting frameworks (e.g. IFRS, FReM and ESA10).
- Manage and own the production of the financial regulations consistent with accounting policies, in order to maintain best accounting practice and a high standard of internal financial control.
- Lead the statutory (year end and interim) accounts on a timescale and to a standard that is appropriate to a major UK listed PLC and manage the group’s relationship with its external auditors.
- Work collaboratively with the DfT and NAO on financial accounting matters.
- Lead and drive the returns and valuations required for the DfT group accounts on a timescale and to a standard that is required to meet DfT’ s reporting obligations
- Monitor that the financial projections in the business plan are consistent with accounting policies through review of the financial model. Provide expertise to the Planning & Regulation function in order to facilitate the production of financial information to support regulatory reviews.
- Manage and develop a highly technically team so as to enable the continual review of the Group’s accounting policies, estimates and treatments to optimise the impact on financial objectives and covenants.
- Provide the accounting expertise to support the treasury and funding strategy of the group.
- Oversee and direct the back office support to the treasury function including reporting and compliance activities.
- Provide leadership and professional financial guidance to all Network Rail finance staff in respect of IFRS accounting standards, the company’s accounting policies, procedures and financial regulations
It is imperative you have…
· Good understanding of UK and European environmental legislation and regulation
· Good understanding of environmental management system
· Knowledge of maintenance delivery process and techniques
· Good interpersonal, influencing, communication and organisation skills
It is advantageous if you have…
· Knowledge of operational railway environment
· Knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management Standard
· Membership of professional body
Network Rail Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Network Rail from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Network Rail jobs;