Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Network Rail job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Apply Online Network Rail Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Network Rail hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
We use a standard recruitment process for all our jobs
Getting a job at Network Rail
We only accept applications for advertised job vacancies. We do not accept speculative CVs. All our jobs are advertised in the job vacancies section of this website.
We have a rigorous recruitment process that involves:
- Job advertisement – we advertise all jobs in the job vacancies section of this website.
- Application – depending on the job, you will be asked to either complete an application or submit a CV. Directions on how to apply for a position will be on the job advertisement. If you are selected for interview, we will contact you to arrange a time and place for us to meet. If you are not selected for interview, we will inform you by email.
- Interview – the interview and interview questions will be designed around the role for which you are applying. You will be asked criteria-based questions which will help us to assess your skills, behaviours and capabilities. You will also be asked safety questions, as keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do. Please ensure you are familiar with our Safety Vision and Lifesaving Rules.
- Assessments – if required for the job, we will ask you to come to one of our assessment centres. We tailor our assessment methods to each role and may use self-assessment tests, verbal and numerical tests and psychometric tests.
- Medicals and references – all employees must comply with our drugs and alcohol policy. Anyone who refuses to comply will not be considered for employment with Network Rail.
- People applying for safety-critical posts or jobs that require a Sentinel Competence Card will be required to undergo a pre-appointment drugs and alcohol test.
- All other applicants are required to sign a statement to confirm that they understand the drugs and alcohol policy and intend to comply.
- Pre-employment screening – as part of our recruitment process prospective employees will be subject to background checking prior to joining. This will include criminal record and employment history checks for the past three years. This may include passing your personal information to a third party. We comply with all obligations under the Data Protection Act. All job offers are conditional upon the completion of pre-employment screening.
- References – all job offers are made on the condition that we receive satisfactory references for you.
- Job offer – if you are the successful candidate, then we will make a job offer to you. The offer will specify the salary, benefits and location for the job.
You can be confident your details will be treated as confidential during the recruitment process.
We are an A-rated sponsor under Tier 2 of the UK Immigration points-based system (PBS).
If you require a visa to work in the UK or would like further information on the PBS visit the UK Border Agency website. Please be aware that we will not provide financial support for any visa application.
Please use our support request form if you have any questions or support issues.
Network Rail Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Network Rail from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Network Rail jobs;