Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Newsquest job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
There’s one thing that makes more of a difference to our organisation than anything else: our people.
We recognise that we can only continue to be the UK’s leading local media company by attracting the best talent to come and work with us. New recruits join Newsquest and the industry at a very exciting time, as we accelerate our transition to be a truly multi-media business with digital at its core.
For those specifically interested in a career in media sales, we run the best sales career development programme in the industry under the umbrella of the Newsquest Sales Academy. The Sales Academy is a dedicated centre of excellence for sales training which will support you on a journey from your Sales Induction right through to leading the best local media sales teams in the business.
Our goal is to help our people create work that we’re proud of.
Apply Online Newsquest Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Newsquest hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Advertising Sales Manager
Newsquest Media Solutions are currently looking for you to join our local commercial team as an Advertising Sales Manager. Based in Falmouth (Cornwall) office , you will have the opportunity to work on our ever-growing range of marketing & communication solutions.
Under the locally recognised banner of Packet Media, West Cornwall’s leading online and publishing company, we offer all the tools imaginable to help businesses reach their target audience. The Packet Series has been “at the heart of the community since 1858” and we are always developing our tools to stay digitally aware sales consultants. You can see more about Packet Media, and see examples of our digital advertising if you view the local website here.
Newsquest Media Group is one of the largest regional media companies in the UK. We employ a plethora of media specialists that help local businesses generate awareness and promote their products and services to local audiences. Our parent company is Gannett Inc, the largest news publisher in the US, with titles including USA Today.
In the role of the Advertising Sales Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of advertising sales in regards to publishing newspapers, websites, magazines, and periodicals to the highest quality standards. This is a very hands-on management role which will see you leading a team of multimedia advertising sales consultants, and running your own portfolio of clients. You will be set personal sales targets requiring you to both develop new business and manage the accounts of clients you bring on. With your team of multimedia advertising sales consultants, you will drive advertising sales and revenue for both print and digital products, new strategies, ideas and development of your team. You will be able to demonstrate a strong commercial acumen, able to understand the business and customers, plus the strengths and weaknesses of a product portfolio.
This will include but not be limited to:
- Manage, develop and motivate an advertising team
- Appraise all managers and staff to ensure the required level of expertise is available to meet business and company objectives
- Manage and analyse revenue and ROI to ensure all channels, strategies and tool are being best utilised
- Work with and communicate regularly with the Sales Director to prepare annual business plans, budgets and revenue targets
- Meet budgeted advertising revenue for each title and centre overall, forecast revenue weekly, monthly and annually as required by the Sales Director
- Work with the Internal Recruitment team, to recruit and maintain high-quality professional staff
- Monitor sales activity and ensure the team are on the right track to meet KPI’s and business expectations
- Development and expansion of business in terms of lead generation, new business proposals, new target markets and products implementation
- Develop short, medium and long-term product and sales strategy for each title within the centre
- Liaise with regional and local management and external businesses appropriate in achieving business objectives
- Continued development, support and training of staff, working in line with support provided by the Regional Trainer.
We are seeking an innovative, results-orientated individual to drive the team with display advertising sales, marketing strategy, campaign management, and new channels for sales, maintaining the high-level revenue this centre brings in annually. Ideally, you will have experience in display advertising in newspapers/print and digital due to the nature of the role, however, those with a strong sales management background in other capacities within reason will be considered.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO HAVE…
- Prior experience of managing a successful sales team, either within media or other industries where relevant.
- Experience of developing a sales team to further success and change management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with an outgoing personality with a flair for creativity
- Strong self-motivation with a proactive mentality, and will to succeed
- Negotiation and objection handling is central to any sales environment, therefore, you must be determined and resilient, constantly looking for new solutions to problems
- Time management and attention to detail are the cornerstones of success, so being able to adapt and prioritise is essential
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) along with the experience of a Sales CRM System. Gemstone or Futureproof would be advantageous
Newsquest Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Newsquest from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Newsquest jobs;