Nomura International Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Nomura International job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Nomura is a leading financial services group and the preeminent Asian-based investment bank with worldwide reach. Nomura provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries.
Apply Online Nomura International Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Nomura International hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Nomura’s EMEA Compliance department works to offer advice, guidance and oversight to the business on all matters related to regulatory compliance in the region. The Compliance team works very closely with all departments across the firm and with other Compliance teams in Nomura globally to offer consistent compliance advice and solutions in a rapidly changing and evolving regulatory environment. The Regulatory Affairs team is the central function in managing regulatory engagement with Nomuras external regulators in EMEA.
This is a team assistant role operating within a wider team assistant pool providing assistance to members of 2 busy compliance teams (Regulatory Affairs and Global Markets Compliance).
- Arrange and coordinate complex meetings and regulatory reviews between external regulators and Nomuras senior management teams based in the UK and overseas (over 300 meetings per year)
- Maintain annual forward looking schedule of Regulatory meetings and update regulatory dashboard management system
- Day to day liaison with regulators on a range of logistical and administrative issues
- Arrange travel itineraries, book travel, arrange visas as necessary, order currency. Help arrange meeting schedules for travelling personnel.
- Full diary management for members of the management team
- Telephone, answering calls, dealing with queries and taking messages for members of the management team
The role is within the Corporate Reporting and Control (CR&C) group within Finance, which comprises a close-knit team of around 60 people. There are 3 main teams which cover: Financial Control, Regulatory Control and Finance Resource Management. These teams are supported by Accounting Policy and Regulatory Policy teams who sit alongside and are on hand to assist.
Key objectives critical to success:
We are looking for candidates with the following profile and competences
- Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Strong technical grounding in financial accounting
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to explain accounting concepts and approaches in laymans terms to stakeholders
- Analytical and inquisitive
- Attention to detail accurate deliverables without loss of clarity, timeliness or sight of the bigger picture
- Team player collaborative and collegiate
Market Risk Associate
The Job posting is for Global Stress Testing Group which is a part of the Market Risk Division.
- Global Stress Testing Group’s primary purpose is to ensure that all material risk concentrations are understood and consistent with the firm’s risk appetite and business strategy
- Stress testing is carried out on a regular basis to ensure that the Firm has sufficient resources to continue to do business in the event of a severe downturn scenario beyond the reach of VaR/Economic Capital. Scope is not limited to market risk, but credit risk, operational risk and part of liquidity risk are covered through the exercise
- Recent focus is on business risk aiming to analysis overall Nomura group business revenue risk holistically, thorough economic scenarios and statistical models
- The team operates globally to make sure global consistency for the approach
- Working with Senior Managements, Front Office and other risk managers to review current portfolio risks and business strategies in order to develop new macroeconomics or event base scenarios / improve current scenarios to fully address point of weakness of company portfolio.
- Analysis and review of scenario results, focusing on understanding behaviour of company balance sheet and revenue under scenario conditions
- Overall consolidation reporting: monthly / quarterly to senior management and regulators
- Implementing improvements to stress testing reporting information and developing new stress tests in order to provide effective key risk management information to senior management
- Satisfy the regulators scenario requests and other infrastructure and control requirements
Role, Responsibility and Skills:
1) Implementing scenarios in risk and front office systems
- Understanding of various asset classes such as Rates, FX, Equity, Commodity, Credit
- Understanding of front office systems and valuation of asset classes.
- Deal with stakeholders in front office and risk management globally.
- Attention to detail.
2) Validation of implemented shocks
- Understanding of greeks for various asset classes
- Ability to quickly turn around on deliverables
- Ability to answer queries from Internal Audit or Model Validation Group (MVG).
3) Investigation of pricing failures and missing trades
- Knowledge of various derivative products is required to provide preliminary investigation to other groups (see point b)
- Good communication skills to explain clearly the issue to front office quants and Model Validation Group.
4) Controls & Monitoring
- Continuously improve controls on the current processes to reduce operational risk.
- Innovate & automate processes to reduce time & effort. This includes building EUCs (e.g. Visual Basic, Python) in accordance with the firm’s EUC Policy.
- Raise any new issues identified in the implemented processes to management promptly.
5) Scenario Implementation Forum
- Arranging the Forum, preparation and dissemination of slides pack for this senior level quarterly forum, pursuing open action points, taking minutes.
- Presentation of topics as required, responding to questions raised.
- Deputising for Head of Scenario Implementation as needed.
6) Strategic and Tactical Projects
- Carry out any short term (tactical) projects as may be required relating to scenario implementation or production issues.
- Carry out tasks, or entire sub-projects, relating to strategic work such as RSST/Orchestration/Monju 2.0 testing and rollout, and GST decommission.
7) Investigate and implement methodology improvements, as identified within Stress Testing Group, or by Risk Methodology Group (RMG), MVG, Market Risk Managers or front office.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working experience in Excel and VBA
- Demonstrable experience in market risk, stress testing or front office in a sell-side financial institution.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of Python, VBA SQL, MDX
- Knowledge of derivatives products (including exotics), financial markets, economics
- Provide a variety of control and support roles within the specific QIS framework. Areas of focus include structured deal review, lifecycle management, query resolution, reconciliations and the production of the T0 Flash P&L.
- The team is central to all activity relating to the trading desks that it supports and therefore interacts regularly with a wide network of internal departments including, trading, structuring and sales, all other Ops teams, Product Control, MVG, Quants and Risk Management.
- Partner with the Front Office, Risk, Finance, IT and Operations teams to ensure our policies and controls are implemented and managed across the structured products businesses.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the range of Bespoke and Structured Products Traded and their specific control and support requirements
- Understand, maintain and enhance processes utilising your knowledge of the product and transaction lifecycle. Partner with Front Office and other control functions to build and develop control and governance frameworks for bespoke and developing business lines
- Build and own key relationships with FO and other stakeholders to support and control business innovation and growth by participating and contributing in stakeholder governance forums.
- Manage demand and prioritise efficiently to deliver on the commitments and responsibilities across the CTB and RTB agenda.
- Build, strengthen and influence relationships across functions and internal GMBS teams both onshore and offshore to create consensus and improve collaboration.
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required
- You will have a strong knowledge and experience of Structured Derivatives in a particular asset class, and the ability to understand complex financial products and structures
- Experience of Index Products and their related controls and processes would be advantageous
- Experience in a middle office or desk assistant environment, or equivalent function.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel/VBA would be advantageous
- Good communication skills, ability to coordinate and resolve issues with stakeholders
- Strong work ethics, commitment to delivery and getting things done
- Have a deep understanding of investment bank products and processes with a track record of process improvement and development
- Have the ability to balance demand, thinking holistically around process change.
- Be a strong communicator, be able to build relationships and challenge stakeholders appropriately.
- Demonstrate agility and a willingness to adapt to and respond positively to changing trends and agendas
- Demonstrate an ability to lead and inspire across your peers and directs.
Nomura International Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Nomura International from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Nomura International jobs;