Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Ocado job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Ocado are the world’s largest and fastest growing online grocery retailer. With the online grocery market growing at over 20% each year, it’s always a good time to join us.
Due to continued growth we are rapidly expanding our home delivery team and looking for drivers who can offer our customers the best service possible.
Apply Online Ocado Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Ocado hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Java Software Engineer
We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. We’re also putting the world’s retailers online, including Morrisons (the fastest growing online supermarket in the world), Fetch, Sizzle, and Fabled by Marie Claire.
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
We use Java, relying on Spring and Akka to deliver our projects. We use AWS for all our new deployments. We embrace agile development techniques, and run our projects as Scrum or Kanban projects as part of a cross functional team. Alongside the ownership and ongoing development of all new functionality, there is particular focus on performance, scalability and maintainability. We are looking for a dedicated Java Developer to join our team as we continue to push the boundaries of online shopping.
Senior UX Researcher – Design Systems
We’re looking for seasoned User Experience brilliance and creative minds.
UX in Ocado Technology, who are we?
We are a very diverse bunch. Each of us brings something else to the team and together we lead design into a top of the range technology company building OSP (which stands for Ocado Smart Platform, selling Ocado’s innovative technology of highly successful e-commerce, fulfilment and logistics business to international retailers). OSP has been in the news lately having signed exciting deals with Casino (France) and Sobey’s (Canada). OSP clients are from around the world, and so are we. Did we say diverse already?
The UX team in OSP is 15 people strong and growing. In the last year alone we welcomed 6 members. There are nearly 20 areas within the product with complex interfaces that need our attention. We work autonomously on each of those areas and come together to inspire and critique. We work directly with developers, data scientists, product owners and writers.
What is out Design System?
Our Design System is used on all the retailer facing interfaces of OSP product (B2B). There are dozens of them and the Design System bring them all together to create one coherent product that’s a pleasure to use daily.
What you will be doing for us:
- Delivering groceries to our customers in timed delivery slots. This includes delivering groceries to various property types such as high rise buildings, basement flats and remote locations.
- Providing GREAT customer service.
- Maintaining timely communication by phone with our customers, to keep them informed of issues or changes to their proposed delivery.
- We are a food retailer and our customers expect their deliveries from Monday to Sunday, am and pm, from 05.30 to midnight. Your shift patterns reflect these customer requirements.
What we will give you in return:
- Award winning training and development to support you.
- As a new starter you will be given staggered shifts to ease you in.
- A performance review to support you in any area of development you need. You will be met with regularly during your probation period to offer further support.
- 93% of our managers within Service Delivery were promoted internally.
- Your van will be preloaded and your route on each shift will be pre-planned for you.
- 15% staff discount, with free deliveries on certain days of the week.
- Private medical insurance after one year’s service.
- Ocado group personal pension plan.
- Free Shares.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Numerous other rewards and benefits.
What you will be doing for us:
- You will be part of our team of Warehouse Operatives (Personal Shoppers) who receive, pick, pack and load our customers’ orders using systems that enables us to offer our customers an award winning service.
- All areas of the warehouse (except the freezer) have both ambient and chill (0 – 5oC) sections and you will be expected to work in both.
- The role of a Warehouse Operative at Ocado requires you to be on your feet and mobile at all times. Whilst this is a rewarding role, with excellent personal growth opportunities, it is also a very physically demanding role.
- The role requires you to handle meat and alcohol.
When do we need you to work?
As a Warehouse Operative we have a variety of day and night shifts available based on 40-48 hours per week. You will work 4 days a week, across all days including weekends.
Ocado Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Ocado from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Ocado jobs;