Pearson Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Pearson job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
We’re always looking for great people to help us provide inspirational learning for students the world over. Make your next career move with Pearson.
Apply Online Pearson Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Pearson hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Work at Pearson and share our passion for learning
At Pearson, we believe in learning – all kinds of learning for all kinds of people. Whether it’s at home, in the classroom or in the workplace, learning is the key to improving our chances in life. That’s why Pearson brings together leading names in education to provide content, curricula, assessment, training and information systems to make learning more engaging and effective.
We hire the best people to help us deliver our mission and objectives across a variety of disciplines. People who share our values, improve results and drive initiatives, embracing innovation and technology to provide the best learning experience for students all over the world.
We’re proud of our people and of their talent, drive and enthusiasm. We have a simple but ambitious goal: to be the best company to work for in the world, so that our people have the skills to leave but choose to stay.
Working with Pearson
Find out more about what we do, what we look for and why you might want to come and work at Pearson – we think you’ll like it here.
Our people and our business
Our people are based in a variety of locations across the UK. Most of our teams work in central London, Oxford, Harlow and Hellaby in Yorkshire, but we have regional offices too.
People work in all sorts of roles to help us make a success of our business – including digital, publishing, operational roles, marketing and product development, qualification accreditation, editorial, sales, design, multimedia, administration and accounting. Many positions are suitable for graduates. We also recruit for business partnership and support roles like communications, facilities, finance, human resources and technology.
What we look for
We think it’s our job to help people reach their potential. In return, we expect our people to show a high level of motivation and commitment, as well as a willingness to take responsibility and pride in their work – whatever that work is.
- We’re in the information business, so we expect our colleagues to be forward-looking and creative in their thinking, with a genuine passion for what we do.
- As an organisation, we are judged on the quality of the products we create and the services we provide. Whether it’s for teaching and learning materials, newspapers, websites or books, our words and visuals should be expressed beautifully and succinctly – this talent for communication is something we look for when we’re recruiting.
- We like people who enjoy learning – even the tiniest new nugget of information.
- We expect individuals to flourish in teams, as well as on their own.
- We encourage everyone who works with us to develop their careers by moving around our businesses and the regions we operate in.
Taking care of our people
We believe in looking after the people who work with us, which is probably why we provide some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our benefits packages are designed to meet the different needs of our diverse team, and their families too. There are a range of options to choose from but, when you join, you can expect these benefits as standard:
- flexible health plans to meet you and your family’s needs
- generous paid time off
- maternity, paternity and family care leave
- flexible work policies to help you balance your personal and professional lives
- profit sharing plans that reward you when the company does well
- stock purchase options which give you the chance to own a stake in Pearson’s future
- retirement plans
- aid for guidance on stress, health and other confidential needs.
Making sure everyone’s included
At Pearson, we aim to reflect the world we live in at every level of our business. Having a diverse workforce is really important to us, and we always seek to hire the best people who share our values, drive initiatives and improve results.
Higher Education Services covers all print and digital courseware and the development, sale and delivery of services to support Universities in the UK, generating annual sales of around £25m. We partner with customers to provide world-class products and services that meet their needs, and those of their learners, both today and tomorrow.
As the UK market leader of world class content, courseware and services, our team is at the forefront of the transition from print to digital, product to services and partnership sales. Reporting to the Head of Account Management, this role will drive this transition by building a strong pipeline of institutional, multi-product, multi-year deals and partnerships, run competitive bids and tenders and lead territory teams to drive all revenue growth and all activity across a defined set of accounts.
This is a hands on role for a creative, entrepreneurial, dynamic and resilient individual with ambitious sales and signings targets. As part of the wider Higher Education UK Go to Market team, your work will directly inform innovation in new product and commercial models, sales, marketing and channel strategy ensuring we set ourselves up for the growth opportunity before us.
- Deliver year-on-year revenue growth of key accounts
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders in accounts, positioning Pearson as the partner of choice for innovative, customer-focussed products and services.
- Develop a well-connected network of influencers and supporters at senior levels of HEIs and other relevant organisations.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior clients and prospects in a professional and unambiguous manner.
- Lead the preparation of proposals and responses to PQQs, RFPs and Tenders taking overall responsibility for the quality of the response, solution and commercial proposition
- Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of the Higher Education market.
- Develop and maintain a good pedagogical and technical knowledge of all the relevant Pearson products and services
- Lead territory team to complete and maintain territory plans and account plans including market share data.
- Run the annual strategic planning and business planning process for your territory team reviewing and updating the plans every quarter.
- Maintain detailed and accurate CRM records and an up to date pipeline of new and existing business
- Complete all post sale documentation as required by Operations and Digital Solution and Services team
- Lead and support a high functioning, trusting, collaborative results driven territory team.
- Working extremely closely with all other relevant roles across Product Development and Service Delivery Organisation, Customer Services, Marketing, Product, Finance, Operations and Senior Management.
Our vision for Project Accounting is a consistent, global process that helps the business to manage, control and understand their project costs and to see clearly how these relate to profitability of investments, clients and products.
You will work closely with Finance and business stakeholders to evolve the system, and our processes, supporting our aim to take a more strategic approach to Project Accounting, supporting our Finance Business Partner team in product profitability and project benefits realization.
Specific tasks will include;-
- Prime Capex / Capitalised Development monthly reporting
- Prime Capex / Capitalised Development statutory reporting
- HY/YE product development stat reporting
- Management of a small team and their processes ensuring completion of tasks on time and to the required quality level
- DeDevelopment and Implementation of various Project Accounting controls ensuring our project spend is adequately monitored by the business to ensure review of project actual spend versus budget spend is performed, that projects are properly created aligning to the business organisation and task structure.
- Management of legacy systems processes and tasks including;
- Cost Accounting
- Purchase Price Variance (SAP)
- Weekly revaluation (SAP)
- Asset Management (SAP & EDNA) for plant & inventory
- Audit support work for standard costs / depreciation keys
- Reconciliation of Legacy Oracle Project Ledger to General Ledger to Fixed Asset Register and follow up actions. Also supporting the transition of legacy systems to TEP Oracle.
- Support of Net Realisable Value assessments (impairment reviews)
- Problem solving
- Working closely with our offshore Finance shared service centre to review and quality assess output.
Pearson Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Pearson from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Pearson jobs;