Selfridges Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Selfridges job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other. The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909.
Apply Online Selfridges Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Selfridges hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Selfridges offers an unrivalled shopping experience. Whatever it is our customers are looking for, it’ll be up to you to ensure they enjoy an exceptional level of service that keeps them coming back for more.
Know The Role
Delivering great service means taking every opportunity to build on your product knowledge, understand our services and getting to know the wider store. You’ll be great with products – keeping displays immaculate and your merchandise replenished; and you’ll also thrive on teamwork and love interacting with the public. Wherever you work, you’ll take enormous pride in delivering the world-class standards that make us the definitive shopping destination.
You’ll need proven customer service experience, ideally but not necessarily gained within retail. We’re looking for people who are passionate, commercially aware, highly self-motivated and – if you’re not already armed with specific product knowledge – keen to learn all you can about your area. If you have lots of enthusiasm plus strong sales, teamwork and communication skills, you could soon be building your career with one of the world’s most prestigious retailers.
- Manage collation and production of strategic design guidelines, compartment design guidelines, project specific design guidelines and creation of temporary guidelines for churn projects ensuring alignment throughout
- Co-ordinate/produce strategic project plans – walkways, sight lines, fixture zones, signage, light boxes, liaison and interfaces with other projects eg M&E project
- Assist in production of retail briefs and presentations
- Support brand briefings as required along side the Project Manager
- Manage the approval of brand shop fit projects through concept and detailed design stages
- Liaise with brands throughout concept, detail, and design phases through to project completion
- Ensure projects adhere to Selfridges’ Masterplan and Store Guidelines
- Ensure timely and sufficient design information is passed to Project Manager and internal teams for the delivery phase
- Work closely with the project management and internal teams to ensure design integrity is maintained at each stage of the design and delivery process
- Participate in post-project reviews and design analysis
- Manage the evolution and communication of key Selfridges’ design specifications – eg cash desk and fitting room templates
- Ensure designs meet or exceed defined quality standards and compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authorities
- Ensure internal design approvals and be aware budgets to support project at every stage
- Encourage design innovation and creativity through research trips
- Manage and develop CAD and presentation standards
- Develop space tracking techniques and reporting in line with the needs of the business
- Oversee and track the standards and progress in the development and maintenance of digital drawing data (Selfridges’ working drawings – updated by the cad team and external consultants) for all Selfridges’ sites
- Manage the archive of all drawings (‘as builts’ – updated by the property team) to provide retrievable database for Selfridges’ property portfolio
- Advise software/system upgrades required
- Manage receiving, archiving and issue of CAD information in line with property procedures
- Maintain communication plan for the design stage of projects
- Liaise with and inform the internal Property Department, Retail Operations Department, B&M Department, Visual Merchandise Department, as well as external brand design teams
- Encourage and promote an understanding of the Selfridges brand values amongst external consultants
- Work effectively with Design Manager and Design Coordinators to maintain a coordinated team with clear focus
- ‘Expert’ understanding of the retail design market place
- Innovative and highly commercial approach – able to develop and implement new ideas in cost effective ways
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship skills
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure on many diverse projects
- In depth knowledge of CAD and other design related packages
- Knowledge of technical aspects of construction practice and practical site experience
The role will be working within one or more workstreams in preparing new and changing services for implementation, and for effective handover into service operation with associated service products. The role will be required to work with Project teams, Operations and multiple vendors to receive new and changing services into service operation and minimise disruption to the business.
- Working in an ITIL environment particularly in Service Design and Transition processes and roles, along with ITIL Service Transition lifecycle, principles, processes, functions and activities.
- Ensures early engagement with project teams, so that they understand and plan for what is required to transition Services into the live environment
- Manages the assessment of the potential impact of a new or changed service into the live service environment and the communication of the risks and issues to support teams
- Undertake Service Design activities for projects with an impact to the service organisation, support team capabilities, structures or capacity
- Facilitate workshops to define clear roles & responsibilities between Business Support and IT Support, with an outcome of people and process impact to the BAU operating model
- Apply best practice and experience to develop and tailor the service design and transition activities on per project basis
- Producing Service Models, SLAs, Warranty/ELS, Service Definition and cost models.
- Support the creation of RFP responses and quotations for the service design and transition activities and ongoing operational support.
- Develop and manage service transition plans and status updates for the activities and deliverables required
- Responsible for the co-ordination of transition activities internal technical resource, 3rd party suppliers, account team members and client stakeholders
- Develop appropriate service and support models for the level of change planned and budgeted for within agreed delivery schedule
- Provide Single Point of Contact to the project for delivering service transition activities and adhere to relevant escalation process
- Define appropriate level of Service Acceptance Criteria and maintain responsibility for ensuring criteria is met before Go Live
- Deliver Service Transition activities within time and budget constraints, meeting the required level of quality and other Key Performance Indicators
- Review the outcomes of the Service Transition Project to determine any corrective actions that could be taken to improve future delivery in terms of cost, quality and customer satisfaction
- Significant experience gained in an IT service management \ delivery organisation ideally within Retail industry
- Experience of project delivery in all aspects of the Transition Lifecycle Management for the introduction of new \ changing services and application development
- Experience in designing all levels of Service, from high-level flows and journeys to the fine level of detailed design for Service Components
- Experience in managing deliverables via 3rd party vendors in a high profile and/or technically innovative enterprise solution
- Practical knowledge and application of ITIL (v3) service management processes
- Ability to take ownership for complex problems and offer consultancy to deliver solutions
- Experience of working in outsourced service provision
- Customer focused with a passion and drive for customer satisfaction and delivering business value.
- Build effective relationships and results orientation
- Proven ability to make customer oriented decisions
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels
- Comfortable to challenge and be challenged and manage conflict
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working relationships to be developed at all levels across the business
- Basic understanding of cost models (including business cases)
- Commercial focus and awareness
Selfridges Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Selfridges from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Selfridges jobs;