Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Softcat job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Softcat is proud to be one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers
We are one of the UK’s leading IT infrastructure providers and a FTSE 250 listed company. We’re passionate about outstanding employee satisfaction and world-class customer service – both of which inspire our flexible, friendly approach to business.
We provide organisations with workplace, datacentre, networking and security solutions combined with all the services required to design, deliver and support these on premise or in the cloud.
Apply Online Softcat Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Softcat hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
BI Technical Lead
As BI Technical Lead, you will be oversee all technical aspects of Softcat’s BI solutions. This will include but is not limited to Datawarehouse Design, Data Processes and all BI Applications and content.
In this hands-on role you will work closely with our BI Developers and Partners to ensure that all designs and content are developed in line with good industry practice and that our solutions are robust, scalable and of a standard befitting an IT technology company.
Working with the BI Manager and our BI Product Owners you will play a key part in developing Softcat’s BI strategy. As a leading IT Solutions Provider, we offer great exposure to new and exciting technologies in an organization where invention and creativity are applauded.
What you’ll be doing
- Reviewing current BI / Reporting estate and practices
- Working with Partners and Vendors to understand current technologies, trends and practices that may be of benefit to Softcat
- Making recommendations to help formulate a BI Strategy
- Working with BI product owners and business stakeholders in support of effective requirements capture
- Creating high level solution designs in response to business requirements
- Designing our next generation Datawarehouse in support of Softcat’s growing business needs
- Developing new applications and solutions in conjunction with the BI development team
- Working with the Systems Operations team to ensure that our BI estate is fully documented, understood and well supported
- Ensuring that all design and development activity is completed in line with agreed IT development standards
- Developing and implementing data integrity metrics to assure trust in our key business data
- Working with DBA’s and other members of the Systems Operations team to ensure appropriate infrastructure and monitoring is in place
In your role as Application Engineer, you will work in our Systems Operations Team supporting a range of key business applications and solutions.
Initially you will focus on developing a good understanding of our existing IT estate ahead of becoming the primary point of contact for a range of our BI, Web, Integration and Database solutions.
This critical role offers a fantastic opportunity to build up skills across full-stack technologies whilst having a high level of interaction with both technical and wider business teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing the successful resolution of operational Incidents and Service Requests relating to a range of IT solutions
- Proactive monitoring of our solutions and underpinning platform, identifying areas where monitoring could be improved
- Conducting troubleshooting and root cause analysis of reported issues with our production systems
- Applying fixes and standard changes to our production environment
- Developing, Testing and Releasing minor changes to our solutions
- Running regular reviews of Incidents, Service Requests, Problem and Change tickets to ensure that SLA’s are being met
- Working with Solution Architects, Developers and our Release Manager to ensure that new solutions are properly documented, understood and are released into live in accordance with agreed processes
TECHNICAL ARCHITECT – MICROSOFT OFFICE 365
- Being responsible as a subject matter expert for the successful design of solutions that utilise the Microsoft O365 suite of products for a wide variety of customers including; hybrid Active Directory and Exchange deployments, Windows 10 migrations, Cloud and Mobility security solutions, Workplace mobility evangelism, Office 365 tenant to tenant migrations and Azure public and private Cloud integrations.
- Work with Sales to help them position the correct solutions to meet customer challenges. This should include conference calls, client meetings, workshops, blogging and article writing.
- Provide high quality documented output (Visio diagrams, design documentation, analysis work).
- Assist the Microsoft implementation teams by producing high level designs and documentation as a pre-requisite for the implementation of the Microsoft O365 suite of products.
- Create design estimates, quotations and bills of material where appropriate.
- Engage across Services to ensure that we’ve fully explored a customer requirement and provided the best outcome possible against requirement including Service Management, Managed Services etc.
- Have, maintain and continuously strive to gain knowledge around Microsoft’s on premise and public cloud offerings.
- Maintain an accurate and timely updated pipeline and record of work completed through Pipedrive.
- Work to continuously improve Softcat’s best practice around design.
- Provide specialist guidance, advice and training to less experienced colleagues to ensure the continued growth and development of the team.
Softcat Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Softcat from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Softcat jobs;