Tesco Bank Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Tesco Bank job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Tesco Bank is a British retail bank which was formed in 1997, and which has been wholly owned by Tesco plc since 2008. The bank was formed as part of a 50:50 joint venture between The Royal Bank of Scotland and Tesco, the largest supermarket in the United Kingdom.
Apply Online Tesco Bank Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Tesco Bank hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Customer Service Representatives
Compressed shifts: 4 days on, 3 days off between 8:00 – 20:00 = 36 hours (every weekend)
We’re looking for the best customer service representatives to work in our Contact Centre in Glasgow. This is your chance to kick start a long term career with one of the best employers in the UK. Tesco Bank has been around since 1997 and today we help more than 7 million customers every day with everything from insuring their pets, to buying their first home. We serve our customers seven days a week and are available through online and mobile banking 24/7.
- Provide first class quality service to customers who contact us for advice on their existing products and services;
- You’ll be enthusiastic about building a good rapport and will always aim to find first time resolution for any query;
- Working in both inbound and outbound channels you’ll take ownership of issues.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service;
- Fantastic communication & listening skills;
- Strong work ethic and enjoy working as part of a team;
- Comfortable using a computer;
- Resilient and have a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Sound use of a computer and typing skills (essential).
Armed Forces Network
Our Tesco Bank Armed Forces Network aligns to the wider Tesco network which brings together former and current members of the armed forces and their families.
As part of the Armed Forces Network, Tesco Bank are committed to supporting ex-service men and women with the opportunity to join Tesco Bank in a suitable role.
If, as an ex-service man or woman, you have not seen an advertised vacancy that you would like to apply for, we would ask you to register your interest to work for Tesco Bank using this advert.
Please complete a cover letter detailing the role you are looking for and the skill sets that you can bring to Tesco Bank.
Appropriate consideration will be given to your application as suitable roles arise.
BI Solution Design Specialist (Glasgow or Edinburgh)
You’ll bring the focus. We’ll provide the detail.
Tesco Bank is here to offer a new approach to banking, building on the foundations of service and dedication that have made Tesco a truly great British brand and a worldwide success. Bringing that level of success to a new industry and new area of operations demands expertise at the highest level – and offers the chance for dedicated professionals to make a long-lasting impact within a business that’s breathing new life into personal finance and retail banking.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Intelligence Solution Design Specialist to support the delivery and evolution of the EDS Department through designing and delivering a world class BI environment, whilst applying the most up to date technical expertise to support a BI Centre of Excellence strategy. Will be empowered to challenge the status quo, dream big and make a massive impact in the business intelligence domain across Tesco Bank. Strive to deliver best-in-class BI solutions that simplifies and enhances daily jobs, placing the customer at the centre of everything we do. Be the subject matter expert and go to person for all BI related technical queries, standards (internal and industry wide) and best practices.
- Taking a lead on the design & implementation of data models & reporting developments to underpin the Bank’s BI aspirations.
- Proactively work with the Data & Data Governance Heads of & key CIO stakeholders to define & agree modelling methodology for the Bank’s BI estate.
- Understand business needs in order to develop the best fit BI & reporting requirements based on the underlying technology & consuming tool sets ie: the technical specialist.
- Working with the BI Solution Design team to aid in the delivery, reacting to any development problems or issues in a flexible and supportive way.
- Fully document the data model & marts through collaboration with the Data Governance team, ensuring that technical/business definitions tie up with the design & canon.
- Actively assisting with the wider Data & CIO Dep in developing and delivering the BI roadmap, providing a plan to model, design and deliver the reporting that the business needs for analysis and reporting which are accurate, perform well, of high quality and are well governed.
- Schema Development – Working with the Data Team, identify potential new data sources and assist with the integration of new data sources into the Datamarts / Warehouse.
- Identify and recommend data/table structures appropriate for the existing MSTR schema structure.
- Identify and create the relationships between data elements including parent/child and hierarchies
- Create the necessary MSTR schema objects including Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies, Filters, Prompts, and Metrics
- Content Development – Creation of reporting solutions tailored to the needs of business users.
- MSTR Web – Creation of Interactive Dashboards and Scorecards employing best design practices.
- MSTR Mobile (iOS) – Development/maintenance of customized MSTR App for iPhone/iPad.
- System Administration – Assist with the maintenance of the MSTR server infrastructure as needed. This includes software installation/configuration, upgrades, server tuning, and MSTR Mobile configuration
- Custom Application Development – support the creation of customisations to both the Web and Mobile MSTR interfaces.
- Recommend process improvements to ensure MSTR queries running as efficiently as possible.
- Monitor BI/MSTR industry trends work with Management to prepare strategies to implement recommended design enhancements.
- Assist with the review of technical specification documentation as well as guiding less experienced members of the team through the process.
- Assist users with problems and resolves issues independently.
- Creates test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs testing of the BI and related environments.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work, be the subject matter expert.
- Promote BI benefits to the organisation and usage of our tools to relevant business groups.
- Guides the Data Engineering team in implementing architectural patterns and building scalable BI platform.
- Trains and mentors the BI Solution Design & Data team to implement Gap development standards and best practices.
- Acts as a lead in identification and troubleshooting system issues impacting timely availability of data to business partners within established SLAs.
- Seeks improvement opportunities in design, solution implementation approaches in partnership with Architects and Data Engineering teams for ensuring the performance and health of BI applications.
- Participates in production migrations and upgrades, develops processes for sustaining the BI data platform.
Required skills/ experience
- Previous experience in mentoring & coaching others.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Problem solving: reporting queries & analysis.
- Stakeholder & Project Management.
- Advanced IT experience.
- Considerable experience of business intelligence development, preferably MicroStrategy.
- Experience in advanced query development and design using SQL / SAS.
- Experience data extraction transformation and loading experience.
- Strong Excel knowledge, Visual Basic would be beneficial.
- Developing BI, Reporting, Scorecards and Dashboards solutions from business requirements.
- BI technologies and architecture such as delivery mechanisms (i.e. portals, dashboards, OLAP), data model/architecture, data integration/ETL and reporting tools.
- Change management & development life-cycle including Requirements, Design, Development, Testing and Support.
A role with us will have its challenges, demanding a variety of skills and a strong personality – but will offer the rewards to match. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers, and we’ll be here for you too – ensuring you can build on your abilities and forge a career of achievement. For us, it’s simple. With the expertise you bring, you’ll play a huge part in our success stories. Visit our website to find out more and apply.
You’ll bring the energy. We’ll provide the channel.
Tesco Bank is here to offer a new approach to banking, building on the foundations of service and dedication that have made Tesco a truly great British brand – and a success worldwide. Bringing that success to the financial industry means bringing the finest talent to our senior and specialist roles, creating a backbone of excellence for our business – and offering professionals like you the chance to make a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry.
In the role of People Partner you will support the Business Partner to manage relationships with aligned business area(s), working with senior managers to implement and deliver their People Plans.
In the role you are accountable for:
- Supporting the Business Partner to deliver people plans that support the functional business plans and are aligned to the Bank and Group people priorities.
- Working collaboratively with Centres of Expertise and business areas to ensure core people practices are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Supporting functional talent and succession planning processes with aligned business areas, providing insight and challenge to ensure we develop a diverse pipeline of future leaders.
- Working with senior managers to plan and implement change programmes effectively in line with agreed frameworks.
- You will act as a trusted partner to coach and build capability of leaders.
- Proactively sharing business insights with the wider people team to ensure Centres of Expertise can factor this into their activity prioritisation.
- Contracting effectively with the Project Planning team to deliver specific projects for aligned business areas on time and to a high standard.
- Identifying opportunities to add value to the business by highlighting and managing people risks and issues.
- Developing strong and collaborative relationships across the People function & the business to implement high quality solutions.
- Acting as an advocate of the People Services Model and encouraging all leaders in the business to access our services appropriately.
- Pro-actively identifying and managing people risks and issues (as appropriate) within your stakeholder functions, ensuring these are within Bank’s risk appetite tolerance & that relevant regulations (eg SMCR) and legislation are complied with.
Experience required for role:
- Ideally CIPD qualified with experience of working at People Partner or equivalent position in other organisations.
- Ideally experience in other People disciplines.
- Experience of change and transformation programmes in an organisation.
- Best practice knowledge and the ability to translate to fit organisational culture.
- Strong overall technical knowledge of HR law and expertise.
- Ability to prioritise numerous, sometimes competing, priorities.
- Excellent stakeholder management & influencing skills with a proven ability to build effective relationships.
- Strong consultancy skills.
- Commercial awareness.
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. For us, it’s simple. As long as you have the drive to succeed, we have the opportunity to go further. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.
Tesco Bank Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Tesco Bank from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Tesco Bank jobs;