Tesco Job Application Process
Tesco is a UK based company that maintains over 2000 store fronts in UK. With this it is obvious that they have a massive work force as well. For any position at Tesco, they hire new recruits for bagger, café attendant, cashiers, stock clerk, counter associates and meat cutter. At the entry level, new recruits may find numerous job positions available that offers with best job prospects. In case you are experienced then you have a very bright future. As the company has over 2000 stores in various locations so you may find many job openings on regular basis.
Popular positions and Salary information
Tesco offers job seekers with online application facility. When searching you just need to look around for best job position that is open nearby to your location. The company offers with numerous job positions for different requirements. Once you have located the right job position you just need to apply online via their website by filling in simple form. You may have to provide with complete details related to your personal information, qualification, contact details, past job experience, background information and your best skills. Some of the most common job positions available at Tesco are:-
Customer Assistant – You may be responsible for looking after the display and shelves at the Tesco store. Apart from this you may also be responsible for managing window displays at the store. You need to display your best customer handling skills and interaction. Your job may require you to work in shifts or as full time or part time basis. Your starting salary may be around 7 or 6 pounds for every hour.
You’ll be someone with great communication skills and works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to give Tesco customers great service.
Tesco will be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain’s Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:
- Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride
- Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
- Make decisions that are right for our customers
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
- Always be there, on time and properly presented.
Checkout Assistant – You will have to perform the tasks at the cashier counter. You have to look around at the purchases in the store. At entry level you will be provided with necessary training. You may have to be comfortable using the electronic cash management system. You may be offered with training for handling store procedures, using coupons, gift cards and credit card payments. You may also have to load groceries and check with carts. At the starting level you will be paid around 6.65 pounds for every hour of work but it may also vary depending on the location of the store.
Store management – This is the managerial job position and you may have many responsibilities. You need to look around at the operations of the stores, customer service, employees, leadership and profits. Your main role will also be to hire new recruits for the store. You also have to manage schedules for employees, prepare working strategies and assistant other team members. To apply for this job position you need to have previous work experience in relevant field. In most cases managers are promoted from amongst the existing employees. The salary package may be between 30 to 50 thousand pounds yearly.
Shift Leader – As a Shift Leader, you will be working in a fast paced retail environment where no day is the same. You will take ownership of store activities by running duty shifts, co-ordinating a team to deliver a clean and full store that exceeds customer expectations. As the customer is at the heart of everything we do, you will be constantly looking for ways to improve service in your store through on the job coaching and feedback.
You will have a great understanding of how your store is performing and be the expert in delivering practical actions for its improvement by taking a hands on approach. With your guidance, your store will always remain a safe place to work and shop.
- Customers get the finest shopping journey.
- Customers are always able to get the products they need.
- Customers are excited by our promotions and find our aisles welcoming.
- Customers have a slick and speedy checkout experience.
- Customers leave our store feeling valued and satisfied.
- Work in a busy Tesco Cafe giving great service worth recommending!
- Know your menu! Does the food or drink look right?
- Upsell our delicious extras…there’s always room for a slice of cake!
- Encourage guests to give online feedback
- Always help to make sure your Cafe stays clean, safe & legal
Customer Delivery Driver
Providing an excellent home shopping experience by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do is our main responsibility.
Before you leave the store or centre you’ll:
- Load the van where required, and check your van for roadworthiness
- Understand the schedule and route that has been calculated for you
- Look the part in your uniform, ready to help our customers
On the road you’ll represent Tesco so:
- Drive safely, responsibly and within the law
- Be courteous to all road users
On the customer’s doorstep you’ll:
- Serve your customer with a smile and greet them by name
- Take care of your customer’s deliveries as if they were your own
The role is hands on, physical and full of variety. No two shifts are ever the same – customers look for help in all kinds of different ways.
For most of the day you’ll feel like your own boss, delivering to your customers on your own, but with a team of managers and colleagues back at base ready to support you when you need them.
Printable application form : Yes (Doc or PDF). Download Tesco Job Application PDF
How to Apply for a Tesco Job
Click on the link below to apply for a job