Thales Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Thales job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Apply Online Thales Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Thales hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT DIRECTOR
We are currently looking for a Continuous Improvement Director to join Thales in Irvine, California. The IFEC Continuous Improvement Director will coordinate the lean and continuous improvement activities with the Leaders in the BL. The person would manage a set of continuous improvement projects working closely with the VP of Ops and other functional leaders to improve competitiveness and promote a continuous improvement culture.
- Work closely with the VP of Operations to design and execute Thales IFEC’s Lean Inventory Optimization Program that will support achievement of strategic objectives
- Ensure that people capability building around inventory management occurs at all organizational levels and across functions
- Drive Continuous Improvement of inventory levels through building a Lean Inventory Management Culture
- Drive business process improvement projects in operations (procurement, logistics, QC, HSE, supply chain and production), improve associated business processes in other functions
- Facilitate improvement exercises with key suppliers to support IFEC’s competitiveness needs (PPV,VAVE, supplier performance for delivery and quality)
- Execute road map that supports SIOP implementation (develop and lead governance process with all stakeholders). Build SME plans per SIOP needs (training plans for buyers/planners, buyer/planner standard work). Design training model that supports capability building and SME formation aligned to site needs
- Work with VP Ops and continuously improve TTIs and KPI milestones. Work with functional owners to improve a culture of managing with KPIs
- Support the implementation of a visual factory
- Support the implementation of Industry 4.0 projects
- Analytics (use SAP data to shape improvement efforts)
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 10 years’ experience in lean business process improvements, as a realist lean practitioner Demonstrated ability to utilize lean tools, processes and leverage people in driving large scale results
- Ability to build teams and influence outcomes without direct line of control
- Strong project management skillset
- Financial and business acumen
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Lean practitioner
- Inventory Management SME
FIELD TEST ENGINEER
When you rely on urban rail to get you where you want to go, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced and unpredictable world, our architects design and deliver the extrordinary solutions that make tomorrow’s transit possible today – making your life better life better, and keeping you safer in transit. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to you. Whatever it takes.
We are currently looking for a Field Test Engineer to join our Thales TTSI team in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Performs on-site installation and maintenance of Non- CBTC and CBTC equipment for carborne and wayside systems
- Performs commissioning tests and records results
- Identify problems detected during tests and corrects them as required
- Supports maintenance of CBTC/Non-CBTC deployed systems, Carborne and Wayside
- Supports Troubleshooting and repair CBTC equipment as required
- Provides support of test Carborne and Wayside activities and the planning of field activities
- Provides technical support in all operational matters in the conduct of integration and commissioning test activities
- Reviewing all results of tests and test certificates for completeness, accuracy and integrity prior submission for final approval and submission to customer
- Works with diverse departments and becomes involved in all phases of integration, commissioning and support
- Promotes customer relations / company credibility
- Investigate/Troubleshoot system anomalies through analysis of data files, design documentation and interaction with development departments
Skills and Experience Required:
- Working knowledge of safety standards and practices required at project site
- Experience in installation and testing of train control systems
- Experience in a multi-unit project delivery environment a strong asset
- Working knowledge of Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) products with respect to installation support and testing a strong asset
- Experience in deploying fixed block signaling systems a strong asset
- Typically 1-2 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- Domestic and international travel (approximately 90%)
- Wear protective equipment such as safety vest, hard hat, safety boots, safety glasses, and flash light, when required.
- Position requires flexible work schedule. Work hours varying in length and schedule. Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek
- Position may require relocation to other cities such as but not limited to current long term project opportunities in New York and San Francisco
- Federal regulations may require random testing for drugs and/or alcohol
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join our Thales ASW team in Piscataway, NJ.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP/GM including: Arranges and coordinates all business travel and expense reports, manages extremely active calendar of appointments
- Composes and prepares correspondence that is sometimes confidential; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Performs various analytical special projects, especially involving budgets and preparations for senior management meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the VP/GM schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to VP/GM time and office.
- Organizes Corporate events, on behalf of the VP/GM.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP/GM, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the VP/GM’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with the leadership staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the VP/GM to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
Skills and Experience Required:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience assisting at the senior leadership level in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization and time management skills: Properly prioritizes tasks in a dynamic environment with frequent interruptions and changing deadlines. Interprets and applies travel and expense policies in order to accurately makes travel arrangements and submit expense reports on behalf of the Leader.
- Must posses excellent communication skills: Able to clearly and accurately explain issues, policies, procedures and other pertinent information to appropriate audience in a timely and candid manner. Demonstrates correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation in all produced documents.
- Demonstrates expertise of MS Office and other necessary software tools need to perform responsibilities
- Approachable, flexible and has the customer service mindset in order to support requests
Thales are recruiting for a Buyer to be based out of our Glasgow office, you will be part of a broader team and will be responsible for the timely availability of materials. You will be responsible for the creation of purchase orders as well as ensuring effective supplier performance and relationship management.
The Thales UK procurement function has recently been awarded CIPS certification demonstrating the journey that the procurement function has been on to become a world in class function. As such we are looking for talented procurement professionals to join us and in return we are committed to supporting you in your own professional development.
- Preparation, validation and scheduling of purchase orders to achieve appropriate level of material availability
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and reducing time or cost of the end to end supply chain process
- Issue Request for Quotations (RFQs) in support of Programme and Bid requirements
- Negotiate purchase pricing and terms and conditions where applicable and where not defined under pre-existing contracts or Category Supplier Frame Agreements
- Flowing down applicable terms and conditions including customer, product or programme specific conditions
- Ensure all acquisitions are in accordance with the applicable Category Policy whether UK PCC or CBU specific.
- Agree schedules with suppliers to optimise delivery flow to production
- Assist and support with supplier relationship management and performance
Thales Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Thales from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Thales jobs;