Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete The Challenge job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Why join us
The Challenge is the UK’s leading charity for building a more integrated society. We work on a local and national level to bring together people from all ages, ethnicities and walks of life, connecting communities and building trust.
At The Challenge our vision, mission and values are at the heart of all that we do. This has created a culture that embodies equal opportunities, respect and a fun work environment. We are dedicated to bringing together a diverse group of people who are determined to make a difference in our society. We look for people who show professionalism, respect, empathy and trust – qualities which are very important to us. The Challenge offers a sense of belonging for those who are just beginning their career, all the way through to experienced candidates who are looking to take their next step, while contributing to our our national programmes.
Apply Online The Challenge Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about The Challenge hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Assistant / Associate Manager – Business Development and Account Management
We are looking to hire Assistant and Associate Managers for a new programme that we are delivering in partnership with the Department for Education that prepares young people for the world of work. This role is perfect for you if you are passionate about sales, business development or relationship management and if you would like to be part of a team getting meetings with employers and signing them up to provide training opportunities for young people. It is perfect for you if you are someone who people warm to, are determined, well-organised and have a naturally positive attitude.
The Challenge is a national charity that was founded in 2009. Our mission is to design and deliver programmes that bring different people together to develop their confidence and skills in understanding and connecting with others. We bring together local people across all generations, ethnic groups and incomes to build a stronger society. This also applies to the people we employ to work with us. As an equal opportunities employer our aim is to have a diverse workforce from all walks of life to reflect the communities we work in.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving, rapidly growing organisation, working with young people and employers across the country.
About the role
Around half of all young people study a vocational course. Many of these young people graduate without being fully ready for the world of work. We want to change that and we want you to help us.
We are working in partnership with the Department for Education to develop a new approach that we hope will make a real difference. We want to provide every young person in England with a meaningful work placement to develop their technical skills before they end their vocational education. We are now in the second phase of developing this new, exciting policy and the national growth of work placements, which in 2018-2019 will aim to work with up to 23,000 young people. Your role is a critical part of this team.
You will be working within our Employer Engagement team in a hybrid Business Development and Account Management role that will be focused on signing up large regional and national employers to the programme to provide the work placements. You will be involved in all aspects of the business development cycle, from initial research and lead development, through to on-boarding and developing relationships with employers to maximise the number of work placements that the business can provide.
- Engaging large regional and national employers to sign them up to provide work placements for young people, lasting a minimum of 45 days.
- Researching and identifying large employers to develop a lead pipeline of senior stakeholder contacts to engage.
- Building a network of major employers that are keen to offer work placements and contribute towards developing the national policy for work placements.
- Managing a portfolio of employer relationships to maximise the amount of work placements the business can offer.
- Meeting and holding conference calls with large employers to persuade them to provide work placements.
- Gathering information from large employers to help develop and implement work placement delivery plans.
- As required, identifying additional support requirements within the local area, and developing / managing tools to support employers to engage with and host work placements.
- Gathering and collating feedback from employers to help inform the national implementation of work placements.
- Tracking and reporting on sales and business development targets.
Skills and experience
- Can build good relationships: Able to build good professional relationships with new people including small and big employers.
- Professional first impression: Able to give a very professional first impression.
- Well-organised: Able to organise a large number of external meetings with employers and to keep accurate records of employer interest.
- Persuasive: Able to convince potential employers to provide work placements.
- Team-player: Able to build very good relationships with colleagues; easy to work with.
- Proactive problem solver: Able to remain outcome-focussed and innovative when faced with set-backs
- Communication: Able to articulately communicate the work placements offer to employers and comfortable answering questions and queries.
Beneficial, but not essential
- Experience working with young people.
- Experience helping employers to provide work experience or work placements.
- Proven track record of achieving sales and business development targets.
The Challenge operates Safer Recruitment Practices for all roles within the organisation. Successful applicants will be required to provide a valid and acceptable Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check (previously CRB).
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK or have a valid visa or work permit for a minimum of 6 months at the time of application will be considered for this role.
The Challenge Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for The Challenge from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for The Challenge jobs;