Thomson Reuters Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Thomson Reuters job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Thomson Reuters Corporation is a Canadian multinational mass media and information firm. The firm was founded in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where it is headquartered at 333 Bay Street in Downtown Toronto. Thomson Reuters shares are cross listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Apply Online Thomson Reuters Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Thomson Reuters hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Writer, Commercial/Business law – Practical Law
To be successful in this role you will need to consistently demonstrate:
- A high level of technical competence in legal practice, with a commitment to remaining up to date with legal developments.
- Exceptional written communication skills with an ability to clearly and concisely explain complex legal concepts and information.
- Effectiveness at building relationships within Thomson Reuters, particularly within Practical Law.
- An interest in the evolving impact of technology on the legal industry, and the potential for utilising technological innovations to create value for law firms and in-house legal teams
- Content maintenance – review and maintain premium quality know-how resources in a clear, concise and understandable style, in collaboration with specialist writing teams. These resources include practice notes, standard documents, checklists and drafting notes.
- Content creation support– research, draft and edit resources including, in addition to those listed above, current awareness legal updates on legal, market and practice developments.
- Quality Assurance – Ensure content is legally correct and consistent in style and presentation, including by proof reading and copy editing resources and by using existing technology platforms to build reference links within and between resources.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Admitted to practice as a lawyer in Australia, with a current practicing certificate.
- Minimum 2 years PQE gained at a top-tier or highly regarded mid-tier firm, or in an in house corporate counsel role.
- Experience of at least two of the following areas of commercial legal practice: Contract, Supply of Goods and Services, Competition and Consumer, Marketing, Intellectual Property, Technology, Data Protection and Privacy, Outsourcing, Franchising.
- Experience in drafting of contracts and other instruments.
- Good understanding of the current and evolving needs and priorities of law firms, in-house counsel and the Australian legal market.
- Superior drafting skills, excellent command of grammar and style, and the ability to write clearly and concisely on complex legal issues.
- Superior research skills and legal reasoning abilities, and familiarity with legal technology platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise while working in a fast paced environment
- Aptitude for building and fostering relationships with a range of diverse clients.
- The ability to work as part of a team and act with urgency to deliver on deadlines
Content Editor with Arabic
SOME OF DAILY TASKS YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Writing summaries of official documents provided by regulators in English language
- Translating information from Arabic into English, to prepare the final summary
- Monitoring external sources e.g. websites, to select relevant notifications that should be summarized for our clients
- Reconstructing machine translated text into comprehensible English if necessary
- Ensuring quality, accuracy and consistency of content through quality control checks
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
- Excellent knowledge of two languages; English and Arabic
- Excellent attention to details to hold a high standard of literacy
- Good translation and linguistic skills
- Good organisational skills to keep deadlines
- Computer literacy
YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE COMPETITIVE IF:
- You have understanding of content management systems
- You have experience of web-based research
- You know additional language: Norwegian, Finnish, Japanese, Greek, Hungarian, Hebrew or Georgian
WHAT WILL YOU RECEIVE?
- Casual and diverse office environment where colleagues come from over 30 countries
- Ability (or even a need) to practice English skills daily
- Range of development opportunities through traditional trainings, on-site and international projects
- Two additional days off for voluntary jobs
- Access to Thomson Reuters products with real-time economic data
- Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare, pension plan, Multisport card and more
Content Planning Specialist
- Design and develop new methodologies, quantitative models, analysis and commentary (as relevant) that enhance existing or new products and services.
- Maintain existing product performance and independent analysis standards.
- Internally, work with various departments to grow new ideas and expand the scope of existing products.
- Externally, continue to build the company brand by maintaining strong relationships with press and clients while also focusing on growing new relationships, by adding value and commentary.
- Responsible for updating and improving the ONJU service and communicating with ONJU customer.
- Find and correct errors in Onju website and preview Korea website.
- In case the Onju contents are determined through the contents planning meeting, check to make a request for contents implementation to the department in charge and confirm whether the contents are implemented well.
- Onju site management as an Onju Webmaster.
- Core contents update and managing of Lawnb.com.
- Planning mailing service to Onju customers.
- Analyzing the usage statistics of Onju website.
- +3 years of e-book publishing experience
- Clear purpose and effect analysis capabilities of Web Services
- Korea legal expertise
- Web planning capacity for successful development
Headline News Reporter fluent in Italian (fixed term)
Why is this job important?
Trading desks, hedge funds and asset managers at major multinational banks use subscription-based Reuters Eikon terminal to get fast & accurate information to base their investment decision. Your stories for Reuters will also be seen on Reuters.com and other extensions available to read for everyone. Reuters news and information reaches one billion people every day.
In your role you will be responsible for:
• Writing headlines and news summaries accurately, quickly and with high standards of credibility, in accordance with Reuters principles and operating standards
• Searching through approved sources to grasp and translate news from the local language into English
• Identifying market-moving figures and comments to filter out news stories from sources including electronic news releases, conferences calls, Webcasts
Qualifications – What do you need to bring?
• Fluency in Italian and English
• Strong translation skills: Italian-English, English-Italian
• Strong news judgment
• Ability to write with speed, clarity, accuracy and freedom from bias
• A sound command of grammar, spelling, punctuation
• Comfort with handling financial data and facts accurately and quickly
• Knowledge of corporate activity, stock markets and financial vocabulary, or an ability to gain such knowledge quickly
• An ability to work under time pressure
• Willingness to undertake shifts
• Job in an international, dynamic environment
• Intensive training package
• Wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
• Company social incentives.
• High standards of ethics in the workplace
• Networking opportunities
• 2 additional days off for voluntary activities
Thomson Reuters Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Thomson Reuters from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Thomson Reuters jobs;