Waterstones Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Waterstones job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Waterstones began in 1982 under the aegis of its founder, Tim Waterstone. Over the decades that have followed, we have grown to become an icon of the British cultural landscape, employing over 3000 superb booksellers across over 280 bookshops.
As the last surviving national bookshop chain, under the helmsmanship of Managing Director James Daunt, we are proud to have fought off the perceived threat of e-readers and online competition to begin a programme of active expansion. Recent years have seen fresh shops open around the country and sites either move or be upgraded. With recent openings including Reigate, Clifton and moves to far more attractive locations for our shops in Edinburgh and Manchester’s Trafford Centre, our plans continue to be ambitious.
Apply Online Waterstones Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Waterstones hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
- Minimum age requirement : 16 years old or older
- Working hours : It varies by location
- Present position : Assistant Shop Manager, Booksellers
- Printable application form : NO (Doc or PDF)
Barista: Waterstones are recruiting enthusiastic and committed Part-Time Baristas to join our cafe team at Waterstones Richmond.
We are looking for someone who will have:
- Previous experience working as a Barista in a fast-paced environment
- Great passion for coffee and delivering high standards as hands on team player, friendly and reliable
- Interest in developing their career who gives nothing less than exceptional service
- Love of both books and coffee
Our cafés have massive potential and we want someone who can also bring ideas and support the development of the vision for our cafés going forward.
Bookshop Manager: We are looking to recruit a Bookshop Manager for our St Helier shop, to lead the bookselling team in delivering a commercially successful shop. You will be responsible for providing our customers with a warm welcome and an interesting place to browse, explore, read and engage with Booksellers who show a passion for books and creating great customer service experiences.
You will manage stock and the physical environment of the shop, creating a destination for customers. Your people leadership skills will create an engaged team of booksellers who love recommending our Books of the Month.
You will bring initiative, flexibility and have a desire to join a Company which has a huge and loyal customer base and so contribute to its ongoing growth.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will thrive and develop your potential.
Cafe Manager: We are looking for somebody passionate about coffee and books and delivering premium customer service and standards. The perfect candidate will have experience in management, strong leadership skills and the ability to lead and develop a team of highly talented and enthusiastic baristas in a fast paced environment. Our cafes have huge potential and we want someone who can bring ideas and influence positive change to drive the development of our cafe alongside delivering the highest possible standards.
To drive sales and profit growth through customer service excellence, brand standards and the recruitment and development of high performing café teams. Work with the Waterstones team to deliver the perfect bookshop cafe.
- Leads by example in all Barista duties
- To build a team of highly capable and engaged Baristas with a development plan in place for each
- Ensures team are fully trained on all necessary aspects of the business required to fulfil their roles
- Ensures brand standards are maintained at all times
- Ensures all H&S, Food Safety, COSHH & HACCP processes are in place and up to standard at all times
- Maintains sufficient levels of cover within the store to deliver opening hours and customer service standards whilst working within agreed budgets
- Communicates well with their team ensuring that everyone is up to speed on necessary changes and relevant information
- Completes consistent reviews with their teams in a timely fashion to ensure performance is recognised appropriately and any underperformance issues are addressed.
- Drives sales by ensuring optimum levels of product availability at all times
- Control KPIs proactively and by using relevant tools
Waterstones Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Waterstones from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Waterstones jobs;