Wincanton Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete Wincanton job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.
Apply Online Wincanton Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about Wincanton hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Customer Service Home Delivery Driver
We are looking for people who possess a passion for delivering customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude and are willing to go the extra mile in order to give our customers a memorable experience. In this role you will work in a two man team to deliver a first class home delivery service for our prestigious client, M&S. Delivering directly to customers ensuring a positive customer experience is delivered each time. You will always strive to exceed the customer expectations building an innovative, effective and respected relationship.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation/fitting of their furniture.
- Construct furniture items in customer’s homes as per our customer contract guidelines, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal.
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times.
- Complete all internal stock transfers in order to maximise vehicle utilisation.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey.
- Adhere to specified time restrictions given under current legislation.
- Ensure correct completion of tachographs in line with legislative and company policy/procedural requirements.
- Ensure all vehicles checks are performed at the start and at the end of each journey, reporting all defects as per the current procedure.
- Drive the vehicle in a safe manner, adhering to road traffic regulations.
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times.
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified.
Our Warehouse Operatives report to the Warehouse Team Leader and will be expected to demonstrate a desire, flexibility and capability to perform a range of administrative, warehouse and inventory duties. The role will focus on the administration of a specific warehouse system.
Along with this, other duties will include:
- The planning and co-ordination of orders to meet customer requirements and the release of these orders to the warehouse operation.
- Liaison with the customer to ensure the efficient processing of daily orders.
- Resolution of day to day issues with regards to supply of orders.
- Co-ordination of transport and communication with drivers to ensure deliveries are achieved with the highest possible service.
- The ability to be able to perform a range of warehouse and inventory related duties as required.
- To receive and put away stock efficiently and accurately maximising location utilisation
- To pick and pack stock, productively and accurately
- To consider the quality of work while completing tasks
- Input of data and related administration of the onsite WMS and other site based systems
- Cycle counting of stock within the warehouse and inventory investigations as required
- Checking of picked stock and assembled loads prior to loading and despatch.
- All activities to be compliant and in support of the contractual KPI targets.
- Conduct and behaviour to be compliant with Wincanton Health & Safety legislation and guideline.
- A range of duties to support the operational efficiency and general housekeeping and hygiene standards of the warehouse and site.
- The ability to be able to operate a range of MHE is an advantage.
- Undertake comprehensive and preventative maintenance and repair standards
- Correct fault diagnosis to ensure replacement parts are fitted correctly and warranty claims are in line with terms
- Working within the company safe systems of work and ensuring that quality and performance are maintained at all times
- Dealing professionally and proficiently with all enquiries and completing job cards and service sheets in a timely manner
- Undertake diagnostic analysis where appropriate
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Applicants should be suitably qualified and have experience in heavy commercial vehicle maintenance, repair and diagnostic
- Have practical understanding of using information technology and systems to deliver objectives
- Be safety aware and committed to a right first time ethos
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding customer environment, with a flexible approach towards meeting the needs of the customer
- Enthusiastic, with the ability to work on your own initiative, remaining focused and consistent and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and has a good understanding and experience of a busy workshop operating environment
Class 1 Bulk Tank Driver
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a committed and reliable Class 1 Bulk Tank Driver (tramper), delivering construction materials predominantly Bulk Cement and on occasion bagged cement curtainside, based out of Lafarge Cement Cauldon.
- £11.53ph – Rate of pay
- £14.41ph – For hours worked on a Saturday
- £17.30ph – For hours worked on a Sunday
- £25 per night out
Basic Salary – £28,772.88 pa based on 48 hours per week.
Potential Salary – £34,611.92 pa based on 50 hours per week and 4 nights out per week.
You will be required to deliver Bulk Cement (Powdered) to construction sites within the UK, tramping out 4 nights per week.
Contracted to 48 hours per week (minus breaks) however you may be required to work an average of 50 – 55 hours.
Working Monday to Friday plus the occasional Saturday, with start times between 04:00 and 06:00.
What we expect from our drivers
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Construction sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements (opt out available).
Experience & Qualifications
- Must hold a valid Class 1 licence
- Must hold a valid driver CPC and Digi tacho card.
- Must not have more than 6 points on licence.
- Minimum 12 months Class 1 driving experience required.
- Must be fully flexible on working hours.
- Full bulk tanker training will be provided.
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness.
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible ‘can do’ attitude to work.
- Must have a good geographical knowledge.
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!
Wincanton Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for Wincanton from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for Wincanton jobs;