Online Job Application Process
If you are thinking of applying for a job at this company, this article will provide you with the detailed information. You can find out about what is required for each position and the extent of the positions available. In order to complete WSP job application, all you need to do is to read the article and follow the necessary steps.
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting solutions in the Environment, Power & Energy, Transportation & Infrastructure, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), Property & Buildings and Industry sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
With 7,000 talented people in 60 offices across the UK and Ireland, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Apply Online WSP Jobs
The rest of the article includes the detailed information about WSP hiring process. You can complete the online application process by followin the steps that are mentioned in the article.
Environmental Consultant Hydrology & Water
About the Role
We require an Environmental Consultant to join our Hydrology and Water Environment team, part of the WSP UK Environment Division, based in Glasgow.
This interesting and challenging role will involve working within project teams, coordinating deliverables with other disciplines and contributing to successful delivery.
Working as part of the multi-disciplinary Environmental team and based in Glasgow, you shall be involved in projects delivery, focused on technical aspects but with an understanding of the required financial and quality elements, relating to soil and water environmental EIA reporting. This role is primarily a technical delivery position servicing the onshore energy and highway sectors in the UK, with potential opportunities to operate in other sectors and international projects.
You shall be joining a Division employing close to 1,000 environmental specialists, offering a comprehensive range of services to transport agencies, local authorities, utilities and developers including site surveys and investigation, stakeholder liaison, design, EIA reports, planning application and construction management support.
Health and safety awareness and proactive approach to safe working.
This interesting and challenging role will involve supporting the team leader in project delivery and also managing your own work packages, coordinating with others and supervising small teams to contribute to successful delivery. This role involves providing support to team leader and other project managers in all aspects of project and proposal delivery.
Success will be demonstrated in terms of the technical quality of deliverables, meeting client and stakeholder requirements, whilst understanding and working within financial and programme requirements.
Note that the primary duties of this role do not include detailed flood risk assessment or associated flood modelling tasks.
W’ed love to hear from you if you have:
- A BSc in a water / environmental management related discipline, preferably having a relevant post-graduate qualification, ideally holding or working towards chartered status of a relevant professional body, such as CIWEM or IEMA.
- Environmental consultancy experience regarding water quality issues, with EIA experience in the highway and energy sectors particularly sought. An up-to-date knowledge of relevant environmental, water and highways-specific UK and Scottish legislation plus good practice guidance. You should have a working knowledge of the EIA regulations and/or the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges in relation to the water environment. You will also have an up-to-date knowledge of related UK environmental legislation and best practice guidance.
- Undertaken fieldwork, data analysis and report-writing skills relevant to the water environment discipline and be able to provide evidence of this track record. You will be familiar and confident with a variety of software packages and ideally a competent user of GIS software for planning, analysing and reporting environmental deliverables.
- Demonstrable track record providing technical input and coordination on key issues, which may include highway drainage design, outfall discharges, CAR licencing, sustainable drainage systems, EIA delivery, hydrogeology, hydrology, geomorphology, peat management, peat stability, hydrometrics, water quality, site environmental management and pollution prevention.
- A full UK driving licence and be eligible to work in the UK.
You will enjoy working within a team and be confident working on own initiative, understand project management principles and be able to identify and assist in the development of potential business opportunities.
You will be flexible with regard to working away from Glasgow base on a regular basis (including overnights), familiar and confident undertaking safe working practices in remote outdoor locations and be capable of fieldwork requiring a reasonable level of fitness.
WSP Job Application Form/PDF
You can find out whether there is printable job application form available for WSP from the last section of the article. It is one of the essential steps to download the application form and fill it out with necessary information. After this step, you can finish the application process by visiting one of the branches of the company to submit your application or by submitting the application online.
How to apply for WSP jobs;